Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend. Here is a way that you can be a sure winner, whatever the outcome of the game. I was inspired on this recipe by my buddy Rena Wiseman, but I added my personal spin to it. My buddy Cody Reynolds had a great idea for a variation…mix some smoked yellowtail (I’m thinking using up some of my smoked yellowfin) with cream cheese and stuff the jalapeños! Mmmm. I’m also thinking I’d like to try roasting the peppers first, but I digress. As is, this is a tasty, easy to prepare dish that will have your guests raving about your spread. Enjoy!
- Jalapeño peppers
- Oaxaca cheese
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut the yellowtail into 2-inch long sections.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers into halves and remove seeds and veins.
- Cut the Oaxaca cheese into 2-inch pieces.
- Place the cheese into the jalapeño half. Place yellowtail section on top. Roll all of it inside a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place finished pieces onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each popper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
And then get another batch going ASAP.