Fishermen and women are not always the easiest people to buy gifts for because there’s often specific
tackle, apparel, or other gear that we’d like to have. The BD team thought we’d help by compiling a list
of products that are applicable to any angler’s lifestyle and can be used on any given day on the water!
We’re confident that something in this gear guide will help to put a smile on the face of your
favorite fisherman, or perhaps even yourself!
Danco – Roll Up Bag Kit
Too hard to choose just one? Now you don’t have to with Danco’s wildly popular Pro Series Roll Up Kit. Each kit contains one 5″ Flex, 7″ Flex, and 9″ Stout Pro Series Knives with a convenient roll up bag. Each knife features an ultra-sharp, full tang, 4116 German stainless-steel blade with a Dupont Teflon coating and an extremely comfortable over-sized, dual molded handle with texture for added slip resistance. This kit is perfect for anyone who loves their catch and cooks!
- Full tang, 4116 German Stainless-Steel blades for a razor sharp and long-lasting edge
- Coated with Dupont Teflon for easy cleaning and corrosion resistance
- Ergonomic and textured dual molded grip for comfort and slip resistance
- Roll up bag features handles for easy carrying, three integrated sheaths and a Velcro closure strip.
- 5” flex, 7” flex & 9” stout knives
Sionyx – Nightwave
Nightwave is an ultra low-light camera built around SIONYX’s patented Black Silicon CMOS sensor. It allows mariners of all levels to easily spot obstacles and debris in moonless starlight without white light or expensive thermal cameras – navigating safely, avoiding collisions, and maximizing time on the water. With easy mounting and setup, Nightwave directly connects to your electronics via analog output, displaying clear color digital night vision. This is a must have for boaters who plan on traveling at night or in low-vis conditions.
- CONNECTED: Convenient installation flexibility and seamless integration with major brand MFDs via the analog video output.
- RUGGED: IP67 rated, submersible to 3 ft for 30 minutes. You can safely use Nightwave in inclement weather conditions.
- CAPABLE: <1 MLX MOONLESS STARLIGHT sensitivity allows you to see well beyond human eyesight.
- AWARE: 44º field of view increases situational awareness to spot unexpected obstacles, debris, markers, vessels, and more.
- Price: $1,595.00
Calcutta – Keeper Dry Waterproof Duffel 35
The Calcutta Keeper Dry Duffel bag offers all the functionality of a regular duffel, but with the added feature of being 100% waterproof to protect your valuables from the elements. Take it with you wherever you go. Water, rain, snow, dirt, dust and sand can’t penetrate this bag. It will protect against any conceivable circumstance other than complete submersion. This duffel bag is perfect for sportboat and private boat anglers alike, as it will help keep your gear dry and out of the elements!
- 840D TPU
- 100% waterproof
- Waterproof zipper
- Removable and padded shoulder strap and reinforced haul handles for easy carrying
- Large exterior web pocket for carrying wet items
- Second sealed exterior pocket
ZOLEO is the affordable accessory that extends your smartphone messaging coverage to everywhere on Earth and provides a safety system you can count on. No other present tells that special angler in your life you care about them like a ZOLEO. Check in with your family, build a community and share information from anywhere on the water, get access to rescue and emergency services at any time. Additionally, this is a great asset to communicate with your fellow anglers while offshore searching for fish in case you are unable to reach them on VHF.
- Free app to smartphone connectivity
- SOS alerting button
- Dedicated ZOLEO SMS number and email and more
- Price: ZOLEO: $199.00/ Service: $20.00 – 50.00
Yeti – Yonder
If you can get there, now your water can too. The Yonder 750mL/250 oz Water Bottle was strategically engineered to be both lightweight and virtually shatter resistant, allowing you to haul essential hydration further and higher. Available at a phenomenal price point, this is a must have for anglers who like to hike into the back country or spend hours offshore alike.
- Dishwasher Safe
- 100% Leakproof
- Clip-on Carry
Daiwa – Lexa HD
The features that have made the Lexa a staple in markets across the country have been supplemented and upgraded to offer the ultimate in heavy duty performance in the Lexa Type HD. An all-new upgraded Clutch System has been beefed up specifically to handle the rigors of big bait fishing. A new All Grease Bearing System keeps the reel running smooth and silent without sacrificing free-spool or distance. Complete with Stainless Steel Drive Gear & Pinion Gear, Aluminum Frame and Side Plate, and an Extended Counterbalanced Handle for maximum power and torque. This reel is incredibly dynamic and perfect for both inshore and offshore fisheries.
- 100mm or 120mm Baitcast Handle
- Aluminum Body
- Round Eva Ball Knob
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- Manetic Cast Control
- Stainless Steel Gearing
- Ultimate Tournament Drag
Old Town Kayaks – Sportsman Salty PDL 120
If you fish and play Coastal areas, the Old Town Sportsman Salty PDL 120 pedal kayak is the craft for you. Outfitted for fishing; at home in the waves having fun! With instant forward and reverse, the award-winning PDL Drive is the most reliable and easy-to-use pedal drive on the market. With this kayak you can get access to the local kelp beds or plentiful back bay waters without the need for a skiff.
- Fun, zippy and stable – this is a great grab-n-go pedal kayak
- Low maintenance PDL Drive with patented easy-docking system for pain-free launch and landing
- Superior seat design has great lumbar support and is adjusted to accommodate leg length on a shuttle track
- One forward-facing and two rear-facing flush mounted rod holders
- Non-slip EVA foam deck pads provide traction and stand-up comfort
- Universal transducer mounting system
Akaso Cameras – Brave 8
The AKASO Brave 8 features a powerful ½” CMOS image sensor and Quad Pixel technology teamed with a unique 9-later array of glass lenses, which allows you to capture every special/stunning detail of your next adventure. This camera is great for bringing back footage from your fishing trips and reliving an epic day or creating an edit to share on social medias!
- 4K 60fps video & 48M photo
- 10m/33ft waterproof and up to 196ft (60m) with our waterproof case
- 8K time-lapse video & 16x Slo-mo
- Dual color screens
- 1550mAh battery supports video recording in 4K for up to 90 minutes
- Hands-free voice control in 7 languages
Grundens – Forecast Insulated Jacket
We can tell you firsthand, that this is one of the warmest jackets we have ever put on. Designed to bolster high levels of warmth with less weight than traditional synthetic insulation, the Forecast Jacket is the perfect go-to outerwear option when the temperature starts to drop. Offering convenient technical features and PrimaLoft® Insulation, the Forecast Jacket delivers a best-in-class alternative to natural down, and with low water retention warmth is maintained even when wet, helping you conserve every bit of body heat.
- 100% Recycled Nylon with DWR
- Primaloft® Insulation for Impeccable Warmth & Comfort
- Heavy-Duty Corrosion Resistant Zippers
- Interior quilting for extra warmth
- Chest and Hand pockets with locking zippers
- Fixed hood with peripheral view adjustment
- Internal pockets and dual hem adjustment
AFTCO – Reaper Windproof Pullover
The ICAST award-winning Reaper Windproof Pullover Jacket is a versatile piece that checks all the boxes. Offering maximum wind resistance, this 3-layer stretch softshell is constructed from a durable ripstop material with an ultra-warm Hexatron™ fleece lining. A built-in face mask, hood with adjustable shock cord anchoring system, and entry access side zipper complete the package. The AFTCO Reaper Windproof Pullover is ideal for the angler searching for a pullover hoodie that’s comfortable, warm, and provides wind protection through the fall and winter seasons.
- 94% Polyester, 6% Spandex
- 3L stretch ripstop softshell
- Ultra-warm Hexatron™ fleece lining
- Integrated face mask
- Adjustable shock cords at hood
- Hand pockets with PU coated zippers
- Side zip designed to be unzipped for entry access
- DWR treatment
Dexter – 6 Inch Sani-Safe Butcher Knife
We all know how important taking care of our fish is once we get them on the boat. Especially Bluefin Tuna. Gilling and gutting a Bluefin, big or small, is essential is preserving the quality of the meat and getting the fish iced down properly. This knife make the gill and gut process fast and simple. Reach for this Sani‐Safe® Butcher Knife when you want just a quick short knife to do a great job.
- Designed to cut with a wide blade profile
- Hand-honed edge
- Stain free, high carbon steel blade
- Grip and go handle
- Made in the USA
Opsin USA – Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
By this point, we all know the importance of using fluorocarbon line in our fishery, especially when targeting line shy and finicky species such a Bluefin Tuna. Being able to secure extra bites is key when you spend countless hours of time on the water in search of your quarry. Not only is it less visible to the fish than monofilament line, but it’s also has more abrasion resistance to keep you from getting sawed off.
- 35lb test – .49mm diameter
- Slow extruded Japanese fluorocarbon
- Low visibility and high tensile strength
- Hand spooled and packaged in CA
Clear Choice Lures – GHOST 150 Clear Popper
A secret a few years back but a widely known weapon now, this 150 Clear Popper has been out producing 5 to 1 over every other surface lure out there. The GHOST 150 comes standard with 4 or 5x Origin hooks as well as a round stainless one piece wire through where you can crimp directly onto the front eyelet with 100lb or heavier line. Heavy Duty split rings also come standard. Tie it on with no worries, this 150 GHOST POPPER has caught tons of 200lb Bluefin with zero problems. This popper has proven itself time and time again as one of the go-to Bluefin jigs for our SoCal fishery and you don’t want to be caught on the water without one.
- 5X Origin Treble Hooks
- Steel wire through
- Heavy duty split rings
Duran's Fishing Products – DFP Super Clamp
The DFP Super Clamp is best aftermarket clamp on the market today. DFP’s two sizes have confirmed fitment on all the most popular SoCal rod and reel combos. From bait casters such as the Tranx and Lexa to conventional setups like the Trinidad’s the super clamps fits them all. The super clamp can be used if you’re pulling on local yellowtail to 100lb tuna offshore the super clamp has the holding power to make sure your reel won’t budge during those long battles.
- Precision CNC Machined
- 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Hardware
- Hex Keys Provided
- Type II Anodized Finish
- Custom Logos Optional
- Made in USA
Okuma – MK-50IISEa-Silver
Talk about a big Bluefin killer. This season, we’ve tamed countless tuna 150lbs and up on this beast of a reel, using it as both a kite setup and trolling setup. This reel is as smooth as it is sleek with its Carbonite Dual Force drag system and its helical-cut gears. It’s oversized handle and lower low-speed gearing versus the original Makaira serve up extreme torque for the Makaira SEa. The Makaira SEa Silver as well as the Makaira family, are all backed by a 5-year warranty.
- Machined Rigid Frame
- T-Bar Handle
- 2-Speed Gearing
- Lever Drag Dual Force Drag
- Helical Cut Gearing
- Silent Anti-Reverse
- Corrosion Resistant Coating
If you like these...