Fly Navarro is back with Grant from Cod & Capers Seafood to learn some tricks of the trade for shucking oysters. Pick up some great tips to make shucking oysters easier and safer.
Many people love to eat oysters, but often don’t know how to shuck them.
Tips For Shucking Oysters
- Can chill in freezer to relax oyster
- cover hand with rag or glove
- use a good oyster knife
- find the flat side or “top” of the oyster
- dig knife into the hinge and slowly work the blade in
- release the abductor muscle to open shell
Check out more tips on BD.