Served cold, this shrimp ceviche cocktail recipe makes a great snack when fishing, or you can take Chef Steve’s tips and wow your guests with this presentation in a martini glass.
- 1 Pound of 21- to 25-count shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail removed
- Half of a red onion, diced
- 1 Bunch chopped cilantro
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup V-8 juice
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle adobo puree
- 1 Sliced Serrano chili pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup peeled, pitted and diced cucumber
- Sea salt to taste
- Diced avocado
- Micro cilantro
- Fried corn tortilla strips or fried plantains
- Sour cream
- Season the shrimp with olive oil and some sea salt. In a heated pan, quickly sear the shrimp for two minutes. Remove the shrimp from the heat and cool the shrimp in the freezer. Once cool, chop the shrimp and place in a bowl.
- Add the onion, cilantro, lime juice, V-8, chipotle, serrano pepper, cucumber and season with sea salt.
- Cover and let marinate at least 4 hours to fully cool down to 40-degrees.
- Spoon the shrimp ceviche in the bottom of a serving glass, top with sour cream and diced avocado.
- Garnish with micro cilantro and fried tortilla or plantain strips.