Seared Sea Scallops
- 1-pound sea scallops
- 1 Tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp. finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 Medium zucchini (3/4 lb total), halved lengthwise and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Garnish: Cilantro Micro greens or fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges
- Remove tough muscle from side of each scallop if necessary.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with curry powder and salt and pepper to taste. Place in Reveo and start marinating cycle.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sear scallops in 2 batches, adding another 1/2 tablespoon oil if necessary, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet, then cook ginger and garlic over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add zucchini and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return scallops to skillet with any juices accumulated on plate and toss with zucchini just until heated through, about 1 minute.