Captains Zach Medinas and Virginia Salvador of Gatecrasher Fishing Adventures share this great poke recipe using fresh king salmon from their home waters of Northern California. It’s another twist on this versatile fish recipe.
Using king salmon is another great-tasting fatty fish that lends itself well to poke as an alternate to tuna.
- 1 Pound of cubed king salmon
- 1/4 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 Tbsp. tobiko
- 1 Tsp. Himalayan salt
- Soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients and gently stir to coat evenly.
- Chill and serve