As more and more anglers are exploring the deeper side of fishing, they are capturing the highly desired golden tilefish. Here is a delicious recipe for golden tile from Maggie Rosaine.
Pistachio Crusted Golden Tilefish in Green Curry Coconut Milk Recipe
- 2 Skinless fillets of tilefish
- 1 Beaten egg
- ½ cup ground pistachio nuts
- ¼ Tsp. Spanish paprika
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Tupelo honey
- 1 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup short flat rice noodles
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
- Mix the ground pistachios with the paprika together; dip the fish into the egg and coat with the ground mixture.
- Pan-fry the fish in canola oil on medium heat until the fish is cooked and has a crunchy outer coating. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the next 4 ingredients to the warm pan and stir well.
- Add the carrots, bring to a simmer, add rice noodles.
- Turn off heat and place a lid on the pan, the rice noodles only need to be hydrated and warmed and they are ready to eat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve the crusted fish on top of the coconut curry mixture and sprinkle with green onions.
- I like to drizzle a little tupelo honey over the crispy fish.
- *If you prefer a little heat add a ¼ Tsp. dry red chili flakes to the chicken stock stage.