Jamaican Jerk seasonings come in both dry and wet jarred variety’s. They are now also available in hot, medium and mild. Unless you like to experience a really hot burn from scotch bonnet peppers, choose the mild; especially for delicate fish. It allows you to taste some heat but not loose the fish. A fruity salsa compliments the combination very well.
- 2 Ripe mangoes deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup washed sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped vidalia onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- ½ Tsp. brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Skinless grouper fillets
- 4 Tbsp. prepared Mild Jamaican Jerk seasoning (such as Walkerswood available in 10oz jar)
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Spread a tbsp of jerk over each fish filet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature and cook the fish either in a heavy oiled pan (I like to use cast iron) or over a hot grill until just done, the jerk season will darken but be careful not to burn it.
- Serve it with the fruity cool salsa, they make a great combination