SoCal anglers are always excited for the Annual Day at the Docks event because it signals the kick-off to the upcoming fishing season and is a great opportunity to stock up fishing gear on sale as well as check out the sportboats and reserve prized slots for upcoming trips.
The 2020 Day at the Docks event will take place on Sunday, April 19, 2020, from 9 AM to 5 PM.
This FREE West Coast public celebration is always met with enthusiastic anticipation and participation is always high for this annual festival.
The one-day event is held outdoors in sunny San Diego with the dynamic sportfishing fleet as its backdrop. It is located in Point Loma at Harbor Drive and Scott Street. Free shuttles on double-decker buses from Shelter Island run all day. Shuttles run from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
The San Diego Fleet is the largest sportfishing fleet found anywhere in the world. The fleet has some of the most sophisticated boats in operation, capable of delivering both short-range and long-range trips into the prolific fish-filled waters off Southern California and the coast of Mexico
This festival is designed to appeal to the novice angler, the experienced fisherman and all those who have not yet discovered the lure of fishing. The day offers the opportunity to discover new adventures, explore the latest in fishing tackle and techniques, climb aboard and tour boats in the fleet, take a ride on San Diego Bay, tune into fishing seminars, cooking demos, live entertainment and take part in fun, hands-on activities.
- Festival Admission is Free
- Open House Aboard Boats in the fleet
- Fishing and Boating Seminars on three stages.
- 150+ Exhibitors including the latest fishing tackle, boats, marine art, outdoor clothing and more
- Cooking Demos by local chefs
- Fish Fillet Demonstrations
- Free Fishing for kids 12 & under
- Casting and Knot Tying Contests. Prizes awarded
- Boat Rides on San Diego Bay, $3 per person
- Burn Institute Drawing. 3 drawings throughout the day. Wonderful prizes include fishing trips, tackle, apparel, tickets to the attraction, restaurant certificates and much more!
The Port of San Diego’s Day At The Docks is sponsored by the Port of San Diego’s Tidelands Activation Program, designed to bring our dynamic waterfront alive with events that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
For complete information on Port of San Diego’s Day at The Docks activities and schedules, visit http://www.sportfishing.org.