Everything tastes better when you grill it on a stick. Try this Japanese style skewer made with Ono instead of the traditional chicken. Don’t forget to serve with a side of rice and some cold beer for a perfect summer treat!
- A grill or cast-iron grill pan
- 1 large filet of Ono
- Green onions
- Canola Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tsp. cornstarch mixed in ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- ½ cup Mirin
- ¼ cup Sake
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 small slice of ginger minced
- Soak Skewers in Water for 30 mins
- Cut fish into 1-inch chunks
- Slice green onion into 1-inch chunks
- Skewer fish and green onion, alternating between the two
- Lightly season skewers with salt and pepper
- Heat up grill or pan to medium-high and lightly oil.
- In a saucepan add all of the sauce ingredients and lightly simmer.
- Grill skewers on all sides until fish has been cooked through.
- Add cornstarch and water slurry to saucepan and stir to combine, the sauce should thicken.
- Take finished skewers and gently roll in the sauce to coat.
- If you prefer a charred skewer return the coated skewers to grill for a few seconds.
- Lastly, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.