The Okuma PCH Custom Series Rods are the latest addition to an already deep lineup of saltwater rods designed specifically for hardcore anglers. Today’s anglers want lightweight, sensitive rods that deliver enough strength and backbone to get fish to, and over the rail. The PCH Custom Rods utilize advanced technologies to create refined, powerful rods with both exceptional feel and rock solid durability.
The PCH Custom Series Rods were designed with the latest technology and insight from leading fishermen around the country. The backbone to the PCH Custom Rods is the patented blank construction process dubbed Unidirectional Fiber Reinforcement. Owned by an Okuma engineer, the patented process blends unidirectional fiber over 24-ton carbon in the extended tip section of the rod to increase lifting strength and power by as much as 400%. This technology provides for the ultimate in strength without sacrificing sensitivity so that you can feel even the lightest of bites.
The PCH Custom Rod lineup applies the UFR blank technology to fifteen key models.
Three 7-foot casting rods include Medium, Heavy, and Extra Heavy powers.
Three 7-foot 6-inch casting models that include Medium, Heavy, and Extra Heavy powers. Three 8-foot models that include Medium Heavy, Heavy, and Extra Heavy models.
Three 9-foot modes that include Medium Heavy, Heavy, and Extra Heavy Powers.
The series also features three popping rods designed for long casting and include Medium Heavy, Heavy, and Extra Heavy models all in 7-foot 6-inch lengths with top spinning components.
Okuma PCH Custom Series Rods Features
- Extremely light weight and responsive 24-ton carbon rod blanks
- UFR-II: Unidirectional Fiber Reinforced rod tip technology
- 3K-woven carbon outer blank wrap improves hoop strength
- M, MH and H models feature Fuji K-guides with Alconite inserts
- XH models feature ALPS HXN guides with Zirconium inserts
- All models feature machined aluminum ALPS CAH reel seats
- 7’ and 7’6” rods feature tapered TPE fore and rear grips
- 8’ rods featured tapered shrink tube for durability and comfort
- All PCH models feature ALPS non-skid rubber butt caps
- PCH Custom rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty
The component system on the PCH Custom Rods are all top notch featuring Fuji K-guides with Alconite inserts on the Medium, Medium Heavy, and Heavy models, as well as ALPS HXH guides with Zirconium inserts on the Extra Heavy models. All models also feature ALPS CAH reel seats. The 7-foot and 7-foot 6-inch models feature tapered TPE fore and rear grips and the 8-foot models feature tapered shrink tube for durability and comfort. All PCH Custom Rods also have an ALPS non-skid rubber butt cap to reduce deck slide.
The PCH Custom Rods are available at an MSRP of $199.99 and backed by a limited lifetime warranty
See the Okuma website for these and more great products.