Okuma Makaira Fishing Rods
Makaira rods deliver the perfect compliment to Okuma’s line of Makaira and Cedros lever-drag reels. The Makaira rods feature the latest carbon-composite technology and deliver lightweight, easy-handling offshore action yet retain the power and durability of traditional E-glass rod blanks.
The rods use the finest components available including ALPS deep press 316 stainless steel guide frames, hard Zirconium guide inserts, custom-designed ALPS reel seats, ALPS roller guides with large knot clearance, and much more.
The Makaira is available in a range of rod styles such as live-bait, deckhand-style rods, popping rods and IGFA straight-butt and bent-butt trolling models.
The heavy-duty and easily maintained shrink-tube grip completes most models, while the premium abalone inserts decorate every Makaira giving them a look typically reserved for custom rod builders.
The Makaira rods are available in an extensive selection of technique-specific actions. There are more than 25 different models within the Makaira line and each one is built specifically to take on a certain type or style of fishing. There is literally a Makaira rod for every saltwater fishing application you can think of. The rods are rated to handle line from 12 pounds up to 150 pounds. If you want a solid, built-to-last fishing rod, look no further than Okuma’s Makaira.
• Carbon composite rod blank technology
• ALPS deep press 316 stainless steel guide frames
• Hard Zirconium inserts for compatibility with braided lines
• Custom ALPS aluminum reel seats with Abalone under lay
• IGFA tournament rods with full straight or bent aluminum rods butts
• Shrink tube grips for ultimate durability
• ALPS roller guides on trolling rods with large knot clearance
• Aluminum gimbals on trolling and popping rods
• Integrated rubber butt cap/gimbal design on all casting and spinning rods
• Custom abalone decoration above fore grip
• Custom leather wrapped fore grip on all IGFA Stand-Up rods
• Limited Lifetime warranty