The Komodo SS has been a staple in the saltwater baitcast market for several years with its 350 and 450 size reels dominating the saltwater scene. Now with the new 200 size Komodo SS, they Komodo family looks to dominate all the way inshore.
It’s pretty obvious, but the “SS” in Komodo SS stands for Stainless Steel. The Komodo SS is built around a heavy-duty stainless steel main gear, pinion gear, drive shaft and spool shaft to deliver an internal foundation of unrelenting strength and corrosion-resistance. In short, this is the major point of separation in new Komodo SS reels for those anglers who want to push these reels towards their maximum drag output of 20-pounds on large predatory fish.
Okuma Komodo SS Features
- Stainless steel main gear for ultimate power and strength
- Precision machine cut stainless steel pinion gear
- Heavy-duty stainless-steel drive and spool shafts
- ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum frame and sideplates
- CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
- A6061-T6 machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Multi-disc high output Carbonite drag system
- Micro-click drag star for precise drag settings
- 350 size: 6HPB+1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- 450 size: 7HPB+1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Precision Japanese ABEC-5 spool bearings
- Dual anti-reverse for maximum reliability
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- 6-pin Velocity Control casting system
- Synchronized levelwind optimized for braided line
- Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braided line
- Available in both right and left hand retrieve
- On/Off clicker for trolling, chunking or bait fishing
- Komodo SS reels are backed by a 3-year limited warranty
“With the saltwater bass tournament anglers right at our doorstep, we needed to design a reel for the hardcore, salty angler,” states John Bretza, Product Development Manager. “With the tremendous amount of drag we can get out of this small package, it will be a staple in many boats along the coast.”
Around this superior foundation, Komodo SS reels continue with premium components including: rigid, machined aluminum frame and spool, aluminum side plates, high-output Carbonite drag system and updated 6-pin Velocity Cast Control System. The Komodo SS 200 size, will be available in two models. A 7.3:1 gear ratio in left and right hand versions pulling in over 31-inches of line per turn of the handle.
The Komodo SS 200 Baitcast Reels have a retail price of $219.99 and backed by a 3-year warranty. For more information, please visit www.okumafishingusa.com.
Learn more about Okuma on BD.