The Simrad® S5100 High-Performance CHIRP Sonar Module is the first sonar module to offer three fully-independent sonar channels to deliver high-resolution sonar across multiple depth ranges, making it a perfect fit for offshore sportfishing anglers.
The S5100 delivers true simultaneous coverage of up to three different depth ranges, whether connected to three single-channel transducers or one, dual-channel and one single-channel transducer. Simultaneous split-screen viewing capability puts anglers in complete control of the water column; while advanced processing technology allows fishing with noise-free clarity at all depth ranges without ever losing bottom depth tracking. Users can mix and match favorite transducer coverage and transmit power for wide and narrow beam-widths to reveal more fish, detecting small and tightly-spaced fish and identifying thermoclines. Additionally, users can adjust specific CHIRP frequencies from 28 to 250 kHz and ranging from 300W up to 3kW to precisely target specific depths producing big, crisp arches with clear target separation. Using the Simrad S5100 with Airmar® wide‐angle CHIRP transducers provides enhanced coverage of the upper water column, a perfect set up for targeting pelagic species. Wide-angle transducers are also useful in shallow water, where traditional narrow beam angles offer limited bottom coverage. A wider coverage area speeds searches and makes individual fish targets easier to see.
- Three fully independent sonar channels deliver high-resolution coverage
- Noise-free clarity at all depth ranges
- Combine any three frequency ranges to target multiple depths, including Ultra-Low, Low, Medium, or High CHIRP
- Compatible with wide-angle CHIRP transducers for greater coverage of the water column
- Simultaneous split-screen viewing of multiple depth ranges on your display
- Maximum depth of 3,000 metres / 10,000 feet (transducer dependent)
- Easy to install with three plug-and-play 9-pin transducer connectors
- Compatible with Simrad NSS evo3 and NSS evo2 multifunction displays, NSO evo2 systems, and S2000-series fish finders
“The Simrad S5100 sonar module brings a new level of high-performance sonar to offshore sportfishing anglers with greater detail and resolution,” said Leif Ottosson, CEO, Navico. “We are excited to add this serious fishing tool to integrate with Halo Radar, our new autopilot line and the NSS evo3 for when your living depends on finding fish.”
The S5100 features high-speed Ethernet connectivity, making it easy to install anywhere onboard, and is compatible with Simrad NSS evo3 and NSS evo2 multifunction displays, NSO evo2 glass-bridge systems and the S2000 series of fishfinders.
The S5100 High-Performance Sonar Module will be available in February 2017. For more information on the Simrad S5100 or the entire line of Simrad Yachting marine electronics visit www.simrad-yachting.com.