Collaboration Kitchen in San Diego, CA is a unique experience underground meets fine dining. Guest chefs work theri magic for those who sign up and all of the proceeds go to help kids in the city. Great food and great cause is an unbeatable combination.
This recipe was shared by Sara Polczynski of The Blind Burro
- 1 1/4 cups fresh limejuice
- 1 to 2 fresh Serrano chiles, stemmed
- ½ tsp. salt, to taste
- 1-pound moon scallops
- 1 each Persian cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 each avocado, smashed with salt and lime
- 8 each tostadas
- ¼ cup pickled onions
- 1 cup (loosely packed) cilantro leaves, for garnish
PREPARE THE MARINADE
In a blender, combine the limejuice, chiles and a generous 1/2-teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Taste (it will be spicy).
FINISH THE DISH
Season the scallops and cucumbers with salt and toss in the spicy lime mixture. Top each tostada with some smashed seasoned avocado, aguachile mixture and top with pickled onions and cilantro.