Join California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Ocean Protection Council, and Ocean Science Trust to explore the State of the California South Coast.
During the week of March 20-24, local ocean community members are invited to attend a series of community gatherings held throughout the South Coast region (Pt. Conception to the California/Mexico border, including offshore islands). Join us to learn about key findings from marine protected area (MPA) baseline monitoring and participate in decision making about our ocean.
Each event will be free and open to the public, bringing together fishermen, California tribes and tribal communities, researchers, citizen scientists, educators, and others interested in monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive management of California’s MPAs and marine resources.
Community Gathering Schedule
- Monday, March 20: Marina Village Conference Center in San Diego, 5-7pm
- Tuesday, March 21: Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro, 1-3pm
- Wednesday, March 22: Wishtoyo Chumash Village in Malibu, 4-6pm
- Thursday, March 23: Holiday Inn Express in San Clemente, 5-7pm
- Friday, March 24: Marine Center Classroom in Santa Barbara, 4-6pm