Largemouth Bass Recipe with Succotash and Crispy Peas
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1½ cups sweetcorn kernels(removed from freshly grilled sweetcorn)
- 2 cups frozen green peas (thawed)(keep one cup in reserve)
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- ¾ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Largemouth bass fillets
- 4 Tbsp. paprika
- 4Tbsp. canola oil
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients and toss with lime juice.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Put aside for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Coat the bass fillets with paprika.
- Sauté the fish in canola oil over a medium heat until a slight crust develops and the fish is just cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep warm.
- Using the fish pan, raise the heat on the remaining canola oil. Add the second cup of green peas and sauté until crispy, be careful not to burn them, they can get away on you quickly.
- Serve the bass on top of the succotash, sprinkle with crispy peas and serve with lime wedges.
Check out more great recipes from Maggie Rosaine on BD Outdoors!