Chef Charley aboard the Searcher has developed this fresh herb marinade for serving with grilled yellowtail or dorado. Anglers on recent trips have been clamoring for the recipe, so that they can prepare their own fresh-caught yellowtail when they return home from their Searcher trip!
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (rinse and remove stems)
- 1 bunch cilantro (rinse, ok to leave stems)
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano (rinse and use leaves only)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, cleaned and peeled
- 1-2 shallots, cleaned and peeled
- 1 good pinch red pepper flake
- The juice of one half of a lime
- 1 cup of good olive oil (add more or use less, as needed)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor to a smooth,thick puree. Add olive oil as you blend – the end result should be should be pourable.
Divide fresh yellowtail fillets into 6-8 oz. portions
- Pour marinade over the fillets, marinate for 30-45 minutes in a non-metallic container. The marinade should touch all sides of the fish.
- Preheat the grill. Prep your grill for grilling directly over high heat and finishing over indirect high heat.
- Place your marinated fillets over the preheated grill on direct high heat, and salt with a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- After grill marks are evident, place over indirect high heat for 4-7 minutes with the grill lid down.