Grilled Swordfish Steak, Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad with Creamy Chipotle-Cilantro Lime Dressing
Ingredients for Chipolte-Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 Each canned anchovy fillets
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Each-juice from fresh lime
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp. Chipotle adobo puree
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Bunch chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
Directions for Dressing
- Blend together all of the first nine ingredients on medium RPM’s.
- Check for seasoning and add Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper as desired.
- If dressing is too thick, you can thin it out with some water and more Vinegar.
- Stir in Chopped Cilantro and let cool in refrigerator.
Ingredients for Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Each red onion, sliced julienne
- 8 ounces cleaned, baby spinach
- 8 ounces cleaned, chopped Tuscan kale
- 8 ounces multi colored baby tomatoes, split in half
- 1 Each-15 ounce can cannellini beans, liquid drained out
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad
- The tricky part of this dish is that you will need to multi task by making this warm salad while you also grill the Swordfish. If that is too much of a hassle, then make this first, remove from heat and then grill your swordfish.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil & simmer the onions for 3 minutes until they soften.
- Add the spinach/kale & tomatoes to simmer for another 3 minutes until the greens begin to wilt.
- Add the cannellini beans to warm everything together, and then add the vinegar and season.
- Hold on the side, off heat and grill your swordfish.
Ingredients for Grilled Swordfish Steak
- 4 Each swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Your favorite Seafood Seasoning Mix (or a Steak Mix will work…your preference)
Directions for Swordfish Steaks
- Season and lightly oil the steaks.
- Pre-heat, clean and oil your grill.
- Grill off your swordfish 3-4 minutes preside, depending on grill heat and steak thickness.
- You do want to check the internal steak temperature to ensure it has reached 145. An electric thermometer works best for instant readings.
- Assemble plates with the Spinach/Kale/Bean mix, top with Swordfish, then drape with dressing.