Grilled Swordfish Steak, Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad with Creamy Chipotle-Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 Each canned anchovy fillets
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Each-juice from fresh lime
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp. Chipotle adobo puree
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Bunch chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
Directions for Dressing
- Blend together all of the first nine ingredients on medium RPM’s.
- Check for seasoning and add Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper as desired.
- If dressing is too thick, you can thin it out with some water and more Vinegar.
- Stir in Chopped Cilantro and let cool in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Each red onion, sliced julienne
- 8 ounces cleaned, baby spinach
- 8 ounces cleaned, chopped Tuscan kale
- 8 ounces multi-colored baby tomatoes, split in half
- 1 Each-15 ounce can cannellini beans, liquid drained out
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Warm Kale/Spinach & Cannellini Bean Salad
- The tricky part of this dish is that you will need to multi-task by making this warm salad while you also grill the Swordfish. If that is too much of a hassle, then make this first, remove from heat and then grill your swordfish.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil & simmer the onions for 3 minutes until they soften.
- Add the spinach/kale & tomatoes to simmer for another 3 minutes until the greens begin to wilt.
- Add the cannellini beans to warm everything together, and then add the vinegar and season.
- Hold on the side, off heat, and grill your swordfish.
Ingredients for Grilled Swordfish Steak
- 4 Each swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Your favorite Seafood Seasoning Mix (or a Steak Mix will work…your preference)
Directions for Swordfish Steaks
- Season and lightly oil the steaks.
- Pre-heat, clean, and oil your grill.
- Grill off your swordfish 3-4 minutes preside, depending on grill heat and steak thickness.
- You do want to check the internal steak temperature to ensure it has reached 145. An electric thermometer works best for instant readings.
- Assemble plates with the Spinach/Kale/Bean mix, top with Swordfish, then drape with dressing.