Zihuatanejo - June 5-12 2021 report

FlatlanderUS

Oct 23, 2019
Kansas
Name
Pete
Boat
Lund and soon to be SeaArk
The Pez Gallo are there!!! 4 trips, all inshore with Adolfo on Dos Hermanos boats. Incredibly hot and humid and some rough ocean conditions with storms brewing daily, but we toughed it out and caught plenty of fish. Three excellent days and one slow day where we went hunting for fresh fish and should have stuck with my old mantra of "never leave fish to find fish". Landed 6-8 roosters on each of the three good days. Had follows at least 15 times/day of multiple roosters. Usually lost 2-3/day before reaching the boat as well. Couldn't ask for better rooster fishing really. All either caught on or brought to the live bait at the boat w/ Robert's Ranger lures. Preferred color last week was white/blue, but chrome, chrome/red and white/red caught some as well. None were weighed, but most were north of 20-25 lbs. Measured one fish that was 58" (not measured over curve of body, I held fish up by tail, put nose on ground and marked on my body where the tail forked, then measured later so we could release it quickly). Caught another that was larger/longer, but it was a long battle and we got it back in the water quickly for CPR. Can't emphasize enough how oppressively hot it gets in June down there. Humidity is the killer. Fishing was fantastic!

FlatlanderUS

Oct 23, 2019
Kansas
Name
Pete
Boat
Lund and soon to be SeaArk
Yes, we caught one, lost one and saw several just off shore. Blue water was just a couple miles out. Some marlin and quite a few sails being caught while we were there. The tuna were reportedly still 40+ miles.

pescadorzih

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2012
    PA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    None
    Nice! Sounded like a good week.
    Thanks for the report. Any pics?
    Anxiously awaiting my November trip down there. :jig:

Upvote 0