So what, no fuckin ziti now?
Dec 14, 2007
Mira Mesa
Name
Joe
Boat
14' Valco
So my question is:

Will my YT ceviche still be the shit if I use it after thawing it? I packed the fresh fish and froze the day of my catch. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Hell yes, we enjoyed yt ceviche made from Frozen yt ,Wednesday night.

Reactions: hawkplayer32
Upvote 0

fackenaso1

Jun 9, 2009
la mesa
Name
tito
Boat
none
Definitely. Once you chop it up, put the bits in a colander with as much salt as you plan on using for the dish and let it sit while you chop the rest of your veggies. This will draw any residual moisture in the fish giving you a firm texture. Then add your lime once it sits for a while (10-15 min. in the fridge). Enjoy

Reactions: surfgoose
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
So my question is:

Will my YT ceviche still be the shit if I use it after thawing it? I packed the fresh fish and froze the day of my catch. What do you think?
Yup, made some Dorado ceviche two weeks ago that was frozen prior to, same with yellowtail and yellowfin.

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
your good if you didnt rinse with fresh water. i always vacuum pack straight from the fish in to the freezer never rinse with freshwater.

Reactions: DANGEROUS DAN
Upvote 0

Hefe'

Live2Fish
Sep 26, 2007
Bonita
Name
Jeff
Boat
Not now
Absolutely will be terrible. PM for my home address and I will properly dispose of. I had some YT that I used for ceviche that had been frozen for a few month last week. Turned out awesome.

Reactions: jdrumz
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
The thought of thawed Yt for ceviche just doesn't sound appetizing to me.I froze some sheepshead one time and tried to make ceviche with it later.It wasn't quite as appealing as fresh.

Upvote 0