YT and Dorado 11/17

Eddie_A

Jul 17, 2017
San Diego
Name
Eddie
Boat
None
Got a later start, left mission bay around 7am with excellent bait. Flat calm seas and clear sky's. Plan was to head SW towards the Hidden bank, never quite made it that far. Stopped on many large patties for the day. Water was 65-67 degree. 50% of paddies were holding fish. Mostly small and smaller YT. A few of the kelps were holding Dorado. Finished the day with 6 Dorado and about 10 Yt (dozens released) for 4 guys. Didn't see many other boats. Amazing day on the water. Kelps are still holding fish. Only seen one school of YFT at the 371 under birds that we couldn't get to go.

Dorado.jpg

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Got a later start, left mission bay around 7am with excellent bait. Flat calm seas and clear sky's. Plan was to head SW towards the Hidden bank, never quite made it that far. Stopped on many large patties for the day. Water was 65-67 degree. 50% of paddies were holding fish. Mostly small and smaller YT. A few of the kelps were holding Dorado. Finished the day with 6 Dorado and about 10 Yt (dozens released) for 4 guys. Didn't see many other boats. Amazing day on the water. Kelps are still holding fish. Only seen one school of YFT at the 371 under birds that we couldn't get to go.

View attachment 1225644
Nice work skipper!

Reactions: mkikkawa

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Nnnnnnice! Good job!

SUPSquatchFish

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 23, 2019
San Clemente
Name
Jon
Boat
Robalo R180

View attachment 1225644
Nice work! Thanks for the report!

The way that gaff sits in the photo it looks like your dorado is a billfish :-)

Reactions: Omarkayak

JamesZ

Jun 25, 2018
Montana
Name
James Zachary
Boat
Kenner 23
Tacos!!! Good report too. Hey. Those little firecracker YT are way too much fun on bass gear.

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha

View attachment 1225644
The Color of a Dorado will shock me forever, especially when it just came out of the water, one dip to clear the blood and that could be a framed picture--yeah I know, this is "bloody" decks, but for the framed shot-you know what I mean.

Reactions: JamesZ