Offshore YT and Dorado 11/17

Eddie_A

Jul 17, 2017
San Diego
Name
Eddie
Boat
None
Got a later start, left mission bay around 7am with excellent bait. Flat calm seas and clear sky's. Plan was to head SW towards the Hidden bank, never quite made it that far. Stopped on many large patties for the day. Water was 65-67 degree. 50% of paddies were holding fish. Mostly small and smaller YT. A few of the kelps were holding Dorado. Finished the day with 6 Dorado and about 10 Yt (dozens released) for 4 guys. Didn't see many other boats. Amazing day on the water. Kelps are still holding fish. Only seen one school of YFT at the 371 under birds that we couldn't get to go.

Dorado.jpg

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Got a later start, left mission bay around 7am with excellent bait. Flat calm seas and clear sky's. Plan was to head SW towards the Hidden bank, never quite made it that far. Stopped on many large patties for the day. Water was 65-67 degree. 50% of paddies were holding fish. Mostly small and smaller YT. A few of the kelps were holding Dorado. Finished the day with 6 Dorado and about 10 Yt (dozens released) for 4 guys. Didn't see many other boats. Amazing day on the water. Kelps are still holding fish. Only seen one school of YFT at the 371 under birds that we couldn't get to go.

View attachment 1225644
    Nice work skipper!

Reactions: Jkikkawa31
    Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Nnnnnnice! Good job!

Upvote 0
    Oct 23, 2019
    San Clemente
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Robalo R180

View attachment 1225644
    Nice work! Thanks for the report!

The way that gaff sits in the photo it looks like your dorado is a billfish :-)

Reactions: Omarkayak
    Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 25, 2015
    Anaheim, CA
    Name
    Jim Isbell
    Boat
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha

View attachment 1225644
    The Color of a Dorado will shock me forever, especially when it just came out of the water, one dip to clear the blood and that could be a framed picture--yeah I know, this is "bloody" decks, but for the framed shot-you know what I mean.

Reactions: JamesZ
    Upvote 0