The American Tackle Company

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Hey guys gonna be building a new stick for jig fishing mainly just throwing 6x salas jigs the rod Im currently fishing a old glass sabre that my dad used when he used to fish down in Baja 20 years ago I re wrapped the rod and its a pretty sweet rod I think they rating was 20-50 and I may just leave a 6x jr tired on it and build a new stick that is a little bit heavier for bigger fish and just leave a regular 6x tired on it.

What blank would you guys suggest preferably phenix is what I would like to build

Here is me and my old stick on the shogun last week

Reactions: widgeon

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 11, 2011
SoCal
Name
chris
Boat
Sold it
Rainshadow RCKJB600-325

I just built a 600-210 and think it would be good with JRs and 30-40lb but the 325 should allow you to use up to 50 and not feel overloaded pulling a 6x.

Less expensive than phenix too.

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Thanks for the input, I know the phenix guys will be able to hook me up on a blank for a good price at the up coming ise show in sacramento so am really wanted to go that route. Anyone have experience with a yoyo stick on a phenix blank?

lowprofile

Dec 11, 2011
SoCal
Name
chris
Boat
Sold it
Check out the Rainshadow RCJBXH 40 to 80 lb 7' rod.
Going to give this a try with Salas 7x and 6x heavys.

I'm almost finished building this one myself (84xh). It's a beast and my plan is to drop heavy irons to amber jack and toss bombs for wahoo, even pull double duty as a lighter trolling outfit (I'm using an avet HXW 4.2). I'm just afraid the length might kick my ass if I push the drag to 20lbs so I'm extending the forgrip a bit for better leverage and protection against a rail if it comes to it.

graya

Dec 3, 2005
Fontana CA
Name
Guadalupe Raya
Boat
none
For most people that like the shorter rods the 700xh hybrid will work fine I prefer the longer rods I find myself using my 809xh hybrid even for yo yoing but that it's just me I fish mostly Phenix rods I will either fish the 8's or the Titan jigging blanks for vertical jigging and yo yoing

forefrazier

Captain
Jun 14, 2007
OC
Name
Steve Frazier
Boat
Cabo 226
PHX Hybrid 660XH