Your Most Embarasing Long Range Experience.

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Anglewood, Apr 27, 2018.

1. norcaltunaclub

norcaltunaclub www.octunaclub.com

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris
    Liking these flashbacks...funny stuff right there. I thought this was the topper for you. We laughed so hard and had a good time with it.

IMG_1793.JPG

Anglewood likes this.
  2. norcaltunaclub

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris
    Nic - This "almost" became your most embarrassing moment......so glad I was able to use the RP bleach bucket to rinse off my hands. That was a close one and you almost pulled a "Minahan" 20170731_104118.jpg

Anglewood and vegasandre like this.
  3. flickfish

flickfish Newbie

Name:
    Nic
    Boat:
    New Huck Finn
    Haha - this was actually my PROUDEST moment! #noshame

Anglewood and norcaltunaclub like this.
  4. afraser

afraser I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    aaron
    Boat:
    NA
    Tops for me has to be the time I loaded all my stuff on the boat for 3 day trip. I was all happy, sitting in the boat relaxing on the way to the bait tank, but I put my hands in my pocket and realized I forgot I left my car in line in the parking lot waiting for a parking spot. Told a deckhand at the bait tank and someone fortunately drove my keys back and moved my car into a parking spot. Lesson, double check your car when you are tired after a long drive to go fishing.

Another time on the q105 I think, I was wahoo trolling, but it was slooooow. I was waiting in the shade up the rail a bit while watching my trolling rod. Mine goes off and I run to get it. Now the boat had a metal fish kill box in the back, and a metal cover for one of the slammers. I take a step to round the kill box, step on the wet metal cover with my inside foot and wooosh, straight down to the deck. Fortunately years of falling off a skimboard taught me to lay flat on the fall, so I only got a little skinned up. I bounce up immediately and grab my rod. I think nothing of it, but seemingly everyone comes up to me and asks if I'm alright. Fortunately, I didn't hit the kill box on the way to the deck.

Carried two bags down the stairs on the Intrepid. Didn't realize there was one more stair after the stairwell. Fall flat again, but skin my knee. Not bad, but it never heals the entire 14 day trip.

5. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid

Doug the operative word is "YOUR" not others .....just sayin....lol

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  6. flickfish

flickfish Newbie

Name:
    Nic
    Boat:
    New Huck Finn
    Reaching down another man's pants with two hands full of conviction is pretty embarrassing!

7. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid
    Hadn't thought of that...Doug were you embarrassed ????

8. hilltop

hilltop lurking in the shallows

Name:
    hilltop
    Boat:
    sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
    whoaaaa this thread just went backasswards !!! I don't know how that pic came to fruition, but either a needed belt or someone was really liking the freedom of touching someone who was "busy"..............either way makes for a Kodak Moment of some sort.....my eyes, my poor eyes...........

9. norcaltunaclub

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris
    Fishy - oh yeah....being a chartermaster carries a lot of questionable responsibilities and embarrassments. Nic was about to bust out his version of the RP Pole Dance, but I quickly downed some liquid courage for the better of the group and inserted my hands into his sweaty ass cheeks and pulled up his drawers back up before they hit the deck. Remember I previously stated that I needed to use their bucket of bleach? Heck, I even had to borrow the boat's bible and go to church once we returned. I was fearing the worst, thinking that we all might experience this again (as pictured below - poor Jesus!) .....I had to jump in to save the day before there was a repeat performance of a different kind. Well....that's my story.

minahan.jpg

10. hilltop

Name:
    hilltop
    Boat:
    I bet Zeus was giving him shit the whole time!!!!! the book in the pocket of the pants portside.......o my .........haha that happened to me once too, but I wear real man chones!!!!

11. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid

LMAO almost TMI Doug......

norcaltunaclub likes this.
  12. hilltop

Name:
    hilltop
    Boat:

ALMOST????

:rolleyes:

PheasantHunter likes this.
  13. norcaltunaclub

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris
    Here's the funny part, Jesus was asking a few of us to help him out and pull up his shorts. No thank you, nope...none of us volunteered because we were all laughing and wheezing so hard from the comedy. Good times with the group.....

Anglewood and hilltop like this.
  14. hilltop

Name:
    hilltop
    Boat:

haha, I can imagine that indeed.....Jesus wanting some help with "that", haha

15. reellady

reellady I'd rather be catching TUNA

Name:
    donna
    Boat:
    reel lady
    Back before the Q had any renovations, there was an oval open bait tank with a 2 foot railing around it, about two feet from the stern rail. I was trolling and hooked up, backed up and ended up wedged with just feet and hands straight up with my bottom in the cold tank. Everyone got a good laugh, but I did get a 60 #'er out of it.

PheasantHunter, freegaff2 and Bill W like this.
  16. Eharri

Eharri Newbie

Name:
    EricH
    Boat:
    Sea Ray
    Lesson learned from fishing with Doug he will record your most embarrassing imposition and keep for an opportune time to display it for all to amuse – those three photos are just the tip iceberg. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut as I am certain he has something on me in his archive.

Anglewood and norcaltunaclub like this.
  17. Yellowtail Dan

Yellowtail Dan I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    Excel, American Angler
    Oh hell no!!! You’re on your own at that point brother. I’ll hold your fishing pole while you fix yourself but I’m not grabbing another mans drawers

Texlee, SlideRight and Bill W like this.
  18. Chrisben

Chrisben Member

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    none
    I've had nightmares about doing that. Driving from Vegas to the landing and forgetting my real bag.
    Chris

vegasandre and PheasantHunter like this.
  19. DMcD

DMcD Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dennis McDougall
    Boat:
    None
    Many years ago I was with JJ on the Apollo at the Lupe. We had had very tough scratch fishing for small 25-35 lb tuna and an occasional yellowtail for 2 days. It's late afternoon we're on the anchor, I'm fly-lining a sardine on 30 lb string, and hook up to something that just takes off towards Mexico. After a few minutes, JJ comes up and says something like "I think you've got the one we've been looking for, Dennis." 2 hours later I'm still on this fish and its still kicking my ass...it was weird...the fish stayed up high the whole time, and wouldn't lay on its side and go into circles. JJ tells everyone that no more lines are allowed in the water until we either kill or lose this fish. Its dark by now, dinner call comes, everybody heads into the galley. When they come out, I'm still on this fish...its now been about 3 hours, and I'm just about dead. Finally, JJ sees color, sinks the gaff, and this little 30-35 lb tuna hits the deck. I had this fish snagged on the very top of its head, hence no death circles and the crazy-ass fight. Everybody on that boat laughed their asses off. One guy had his 11 year old son with him who said something like "that little fish kicked your ass for like 3 hours, dude," and walked away cracking up.

That's my embarrassing story.
    DMcD

20. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    I hooked a wahoo in the tail that kicked my ass on one long run until it died...

freegaff2 likes this.