Young Boat Owner in need of Help

26bluewater

May 2, 2022
Cypress ca
Name
Jeremy jandrok
Boat Name
Yes
Make safety your main priority don’t get caught broken down offshore in prepared shit happens be ready always check your radio have a back up like ZOLEO and make sure to have boat us tow service alway check weather
Windy is a good app

Upvote 0

CURVEFINDER

If they be Biten Go Get M
Aug 23, 2006
PALM DESERT
Name
TOM
Boat Name
21 GRADY WHITE
Like they said time on the water is the best teacher
And don’t forget about the PLUG
And have a spare as well
Along with all that other safety stuff........Great times

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat Name
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    About sevon years ago I met a kid that lived in seal Beach and worked at the fuel dock he was 16 at the time, I took him fishing/hooping and encouraged him to get into the industry anyway he could, I talk to him on the phone a couple of days ago and he’s operating tugs and other equipment in Long Beach Harbor making bank!! Passion and perseverance pays off if you want to do what you love🤙

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Stakanak

Almost A Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Long Beach, California, USA
    Name
    Mark Nakagawa
    Boat Name
    “Buzzcatcher”
    California Boaters Card is mandatory.
    USCG class highly recommend.
    Complete knowledge of any and all intake and outlets in hull absolutely necessary, especially under water line.
    At your age fishing is secondary. Learn the boat. Learn the rules. Learn the responsibility of operating a watercraft.
    Remember, if your the skipper, all others on the vessel are your responsibility.
    Their safety is in your hands!
    As far as fishing, that’s all gravy.
    🤙🏽

Upvote 0

Kevin A

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    Make sure your parents get US Tow or similar, Breaking down on the water is a bitch if you don't have Towing Insurance

Upvote 0

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat Name
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    Complacency was my biggest enemy and the ocean is a dangerous place full of wonders but If your driving everyone and everything on the boat is your responsibility.

Upvote 0

RobertHan

Nov 21, 2020
    USa
    Name
    Robert
    Boat Name
    Botnia Targa 25.1 GT
    One precaution to consider before and when lifting a boat to a trailer is to periodically inspect your boat and trailer to make lifting or towing more manageable and safe. Only perform lifting your boat from a trailer when you are capable of doing so.

Upvote 0

bradnoble

Backcountry Snowboarder
    Aug 8, 2009
    Steamboat Springs, Colorado
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    19' Glasstron
    Take the. Coast guard class. There’s all kinds of stuff you learn like; who has the right of way, what boat lights mean what, how to anchor, tie up boat,vhf radio channels and their use (channel 16) , how to make a May Day call, zero tolerance…etc🛥️

Upvote 0

alwaysbendo

Jun 28, 2007
    El segundo
    Name
    Vinnnnn
    Boat Name
    23' seacraft
    Just ask your parents for as much gas money as you can and go whenever you can. When I was like 14 me n my friend would borrow his or my dads truck and boat and launch out of MDR all the time.

Upvote 0