clevel

Captain in Learning
Jun 4, 2011
Laguna Niguel
Name
Cabo Jack
Boat
Cobia 261
That's the kind of experience that everyone dreams of! Nice boat maneuvering!

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Love the groaning.

Reminds me of my wife on her first blue marlin of about 400 lbs. She screamed that it hurt worse than child birth. I started laughing and said “you know us men do this for sport?” I got a big fuck you.:D

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
captain Dave, it's normal to speed up the boat during the fight ?
It helps to plane up the fish as it’s circling. Fish goes where its nose is pointed. Pulling away as it reaches the far apex of its circle really serves to lift it in the water.

Reactions: surfgoose

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME
captain Dave, it's normal to speed up the boat during the fight ?
I keep him off the back and out of the death circle.It helps alot we have caught just over 90 cows this way.With People that have never ever fished before.

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Here in SoCal the big fish are usually fought from a still boat, and that is absolutely the hardest way to do it. If you go fish in Hawaii or Florida or just about anywhere else in the world, the captain is constantly on the throttles during a fight. If you look at the position plotter after a fight it is usually a bunch of tight circles.

Of course, that gives the angler a whole lot of advantages. So they ignore that fact when they whine about us West Coast anglers using the rail.

Good job, Dave!