You Had One Job...

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Hannibal, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Baby J

Baby J Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    23' Walkaround
    What a joke. I find it hard to believe the couldn’t call in an emergency rental diesel generator. Go to harbor freight and get some gas water pumps or something for fucks sake. Total incompetence.

2. Chtucker

Chtucker Lowe boat denter

Name:
    Howard
    Boat:
    Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
    That is if they even knew it failed... And getting a generator in emergency is a PIA. I am sure there are companies out there that specialize in it, but you have to be prepared (cam-lock plug ins, appleton plug, manual transfer switch, have an electrician that can come out) and be one of the first to call as everyone is looking for generators when there is no power.

If you have a business that needs a generator, you had better have a plan A, B, & C.

3. Baby J

Baby J Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    23' Walkaround
    So many ways around this. At my work we have a contract for emergency hookup of a generator that can be hooked up in minutes and a UPS battery systems that power all critical devices until they bring the generator which is in a 48’ semi trailer. None of this costs even close to what it costs to raise 6.2 million salmon. Such a waste.

4. Odin7

Odin7 Odin7

Name:
    George
    Boat:
    Duckworth
    Maybe someone out there with the licensing and knowledge could offer up to the WDFW to audit their back up power plans pro bono. I have no reason to believe the department is flush with cash, so a sincere, qualified offer to help would probably be well received.

It is likely that few people are more sick about this event than the people who have been caring for these fish.

FishPimpII, Baby J and Chtucker like this.