You can’t buy this one ☝️

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
So, I was on a 7 day last year and something similar to this just killed em, I haven’t been able to identify or find it, so I painted a couple up myself

6C629EBB-F2FE-40E6-A0B3-D9882FDF5B33.jpeg

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Looks great 👍. I'm impressed... so are the others. That builds confidence in itself. I believe on any given day.... any color can get bit.... if you fish it with confidence.

After decades of participation and observation.... I'm a true believer.... that there are telltale signs that the target fish pickup on .... in the way the angler works the jig through the water column. Many of these are very subtle ....yet make a huge difference in their success rates and fish counts. I believe that angler "confidence" is directly telegraphed to the action of the jig. Whether its your cast... your retrieve style.... your yo yo technique.... all of it benefits from your individual "style".

So this year....when your on the boat.... make it a.point to stop for a few moments of observation. "THAT GUY"..... the lucky one with twice as many "lure" fish as anyone else... he has that "confident" technique..... and the fish notice it as well. Thats your WAKE UP moment. What's he doing different.... little things. Note it. Then Mimic it. Worth the efforts brother. Good.luck.

P.S. How many times have you seen "half the boat" throwing the same color and model jig.... and that same lucky guy is the only one bit??. Its him.... not the jig color. So nice paint job... hope it brings you many bites.

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    When I saw your paint job it reminded me of a couple that I have. Then comparing more closely maybe not so similar. I agree with John that it’s the angler more than the specific jig or color. I also agree that you fish with confidence you do better.

5BD610EE-F428-4F46-9695-8052D7A59143.jpeg

Reactions: woodfish330

Hotroddin

Landlocked, but still hookin' 'em
    Feb 15, 2012
    FC Colorado
    Name
    Matt Riddell
    Boat
    Fish Cat 4 "Seafood"
    Colors don’t matter it’s the way the jig swims but if color is your thing

I'd have agreed with this a few years ago. Then, in 2019 I bought a bunch of red lures and had the best early spring bass season of my life. Can't say color was the only (or even a major) contributor, or that color matters much in all circumstances, but it was enough of an improvement that I no longer discount it completely.

Reactions: woodfish330

stonefly

Apr 21, 2007
    sacramento, ca.
    Name
    randy welsh
    Boat
    16' mirrocraft
    I'd have agreed with this a few years ago. Then, in 2019 I bought a bunch of red lures and had the best early spring bass season of my life. Can't say color was the only (or even a major) contributor, or that color matters much in all circumstances, but it was enough of an improvement that I no longer discount it completely.

A lot of people like to repeat that old trope but if it were true "Match the hatch" would not be universal in fishing.