https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
It was a beautiful day!

Every time I fish, I come back to a dog that is fit to be tied. Some know Bolan puked on her maiden voyage. While waiting for a delivery of Bonine (sea sickness pills) for Bolan, I fished once in the day and two times at night for Lobster. I pains me to manage a smart but hyper dog to the ramp let alone go fish with her. All the stuff you have to do solo is that much more difficult with a whining little bitch aboard.

I insist, the dog is going to fish!

Launched around 7:15 this morning. Very light winds, murky water inshore and 200 ft+ got clearer. Water temperature is 58-60 degrees. No current. Lots of Mackerel in the 100-200 ft depth.

I tried a few Rockfish spots without a nibble. Perfect conditions, no drift. Trolled those bonito feathers that worked good three weeks ago, nothing. Fished the pipe for Calicos, one bite.

Dog did not puke. Cried like a baby most the morning and I cried back and had several discussions with her. Time to grow up bitch. She’s tired after that trip, her Va jay jay is in the dirt.

:rofl:

Tried to make it fun, next time I am bringing some chew bones and toys . . . I think we will be good.

Here is a short clip of how big she is now.

A couple of snapshots from video
bolan1.jpg

bolan.jpg

Every day is a gift. Fish on Brothers . . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
It was a beautiful day!

Every time I fish, I come back to a dog that is fit to be tied. Some know Bolan puked on her maiden voyage. While waiting for a delivery of Bonine (sea sickness pills) for Bolan, I fished once in the day and two times at night for Lobster. I pains me to manage a smart but hyper dog to the ramp let alone go fish with her. All the stuff you have to do solo is that much more difficult with a whining little bitch aboard.

Launched around 7:15 this morning. Very light winds, murky water inshore and 200 ft+ got clearer. Water temperature is 58-60 degrees. No current. Lots of Mackerel in the 100-200 ft depth.

I tried a few Rockfish spots without a nibble. Perfect conditions, no drift. Trolled those bonito feathers that worked good three weeks ago, nothing. Fished the pipe for Calicos, one bite.

Dog did not puke. Cried like a baby most the morning and I cried back and had several discussions with her. Time to grow up bitch. She’s tired after that trip, her Va jay jay is in the dirt.

Tried to make it fun, next time I am bringing some chew bones and toys . . . I think we will be good.

My oldest pitty loves the hose like that! She is close to 10 and still becomes a puppy every time the hose is turned on.

Love it. Fish on.

Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
My girl Yadda (RIP) was always with me fishing even on trips out to the islands or the 182 or when ever I took the boat or kayak out... she was the best fishing buddy... however she never kicked in for gas or cleaned the boat LOL

PART_1434321588595_20150614_145811.jpg
PART951434323990032952015061495161911.jpg
IMG_4052.jpg
IMG_4226.JPG

Upvote 0

Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
It was a beautiful day!

View attachment 1226963

View attachment 1226962

That vid is awesome...lol watching her chomp the mac is great !!

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Just my two cents--I have a dog--never been sea sick. But the other two dogs, get just horrible. Bottom line: I LIKE them to come, but I don't think any of them enjoy it all that much. Also, you got two choices, tether or not tether. If they go overboard--happened to me once, if they are tethered and you don't seem em, they drown as they are dragged under water. And if you do NOT tether, and you don't seem em go over, you can lose em. SO, JUST FOR ME--I leave em home. (PS, no, when my dog went over, I did see him, and he was dragging under water, but I yanked him up, he was fine--and yeah, that was when I decided he didn't get enough out of it, to take him anymore.)

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat
None
It was a beautiful day!

View attachment 1226963

View attachment 1226962

T
Love those healers but they are a handful, especially on a boat. Maybe you should bring a cow along to give her something to keep her occupied!

• Haha
Reactions: the SLIDER
Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat
None
Reactions: bman440440
Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Do your healers nip at the back of strangers calves while walking on your property? I sent a Tile Contractor to a friends house to quote a job and he said he got bit twice and wouldn't do the job!

Upvote 0

ja73

Almost A Member
Sep 1, 2017
SGV
Name
Jay
Boat
Arima SC16
Cool looking dog, looks like my brothers dog.
My dog loves going on the boat, but after 3 times of him jumping ship to get after sea dogs and pelicans, I now have to keep him on a leash while fishing.
fnLwkiem.jpg

EVb8pUam.jpg

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Do your healers nip at the back of strangers calves while walking on your property? I sent a Tile Contractor to a friends house to quote a job and he said he got bit twice and wouldn't do the job!

No strangers since she a Covid pup. She bites my heals all the time. It hurts, I bitch, then start laughing. I broke my first Healer for nipping and regretted it later.

The lady I brought the dog from lives in Fallbrook and had 5 adult Heelers who protected the property. Very intimidating when in a pack. Those dogs circled you and forced you to go the direction they wanted. Very cool to see.

Upvote 0

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom
Boat
None
Cool looking dog, looks like my brothers dog.
My dog loves going on the boat, but after 3 times of him jumping ship to get after sea dogs and pelicans, I now have to keep him on a leash while fishing.
fnLwkiem.jpg

EVb8pUam.jpg

Why the sad face? Poor doggy.

He will get his sea legs. Keep on keepin' on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0