longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Launched at 5 solo this morning and headed south towards the upper hidden with a decent scoop of bait. The seas were decent and the moon was bright making for a decent ride down. Around 630 though the north wind kicked up and never backed off.
    20210921_064216.jpg

I searched for a couple hours but didn't see any signal and knew the ride back up the line was gonna suck so I turned north around 8. As soon as I did I spotted a huge bird school off in the distance with a fish under them. I pounded my way to them and by the time I got there it was full on foam. I was able to get a triple going since they stayed up so long and with the weather up I knew it was my only shot. Thankfully all 3 fish went different directions avoiding a tangle and I boated all 3. 2 came on the iron and 1 on bait.
    20210921_110259.jpg

Unfortunately the only boat I could see saw me and charged me and the school as fast as he could and proceeded to troll through them which pushed them down. I put the fish on ice and pounded my way back up the line and back to the dock before noon. I didn't see anything else except for a couple dry kelp and dolphin with no tuna on them. Water in the zone was 69 to 71 and clean, and west of the islands was 67 and dirtier with no life that I saw. Have fun and stay safe!

BigBoils

Sep 13, 2017
    Northridge
    Name
    BigBoils
    Boat
    High Bridge
    Nice, Ocean Odyssey was there yesterday and got em' but none today, most boats going for big BFT, but us PB can't reach tanner bank safely. Btw, What Iron you throwing? Thanks for the great report

longboard85
    longboard85
    I didn't see any party boats I think they were south of me. I got 1 on the dw1 and 1 on a 42 gram sniper.
    Upvote 0
    B
    BigBoils
    Last trip I threw a white glow colt sniper on the YF boils at tuna [email protected] & didn't hit it. Meanwhile my bro hooked up on flyline put in holder & lost it, then I chummed em' into a frenzy he hooks another 1 & landed. I should have used pink/blue I'll try that maybe Fri. I'm fishing flyline 1st no matter what, even if boiling like crazy, for fun I'll throw sniper, lol. Think it's color or size, mine 100gm?
    Upvote 0
    B
    BigBoils
    What color surface iron/dw1, light/small. or 5"?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

GaffnLaff

Rum is Tackle
    Dec 3, 2003
    Bay Park
    Visit site
    Name
    Dave Cairncross
    Boat
    Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity
    Nice quick 3 pack and done !

Cole418

Almost A Member
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cole
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 - "Reel Busy"
    Well done Cody. Way to make it really happen on the one shot ya had.

we got our asses kicked… by the weather and fish. Fished our butts off for a whole lot of nothing, including 11 dry kelps.

definitely best and only real signal all day was making our way back in west of islands when we saw birds all over… had a couple quick shots at quick YFT spots and I hooked and fought one for a short bit before hook pulled on the colt sniper.

Oh well… payed some dues today

JoshInSD

Dec 22, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Mackerel Magnet (Sailfish 21' CC)
    Launched at 5 solo this morning and headed south towards the upper hidden with a decent scoop of bait. The seas were decent and the moon was bright making for a decent ride down. Around 630 though the north wind kicked up and never backed off. View attachment 1320515

I searched for a couple hours but didn't see any signal and knew the ride back up the line was gonna suck so I turned north around 8. As soon as I did I spotted a huge bird school off in the distance with a fish under them. I pounded my way to them and by the time I got there it was full on foam. I was able to get a triple going since they stayed up so long and with the weather up I knew it was my only shot. Thankfully all 3 fish went different directions avoiding a tangle and I boated all 3. 2 came on the iron and 1 on bait. View attachment 1320516

Unfortunately the only boat I could see saw me and charged me and the school as fast as he could and proceeded to troll through them which pushed them down. I put the fish on ice and pounded my way back up the line and back to the dock before noon. I didn't see anything else except for a couple dry kelp and dolphin with no tuna on them. Water in the zone was 69 to 71 and clean, and west of the islands was 67 and dirtier with no life that I saw. Have fun and stay safe!
    Meanwhile the entire fleet and top 4-pack boats skunked or near skunked. Cody 1 pack for the win!

Hophead

When’s the next trip
    Jun 26, 2004
    san diego
    Name
    ryan
    Boat
    22’ Seaway
    Nice work Cody. Next 10 day wind/swell looks kinda shitty, especially for what is usually calm, light wind days. Hope it changes. Still hoping for a strong fall season!

Reactions: longboard85
    Oct 23, 2019
    San Clemente
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Robalo R180
    Launched at 5 solo this morning and headed south towards the upper hidden with a decent scoop of bait. The seas were decent and the moon was bright making for a decent ride down. Around 630 though the north wind kicked up and never backed off. View attachment 1320515

I searched for a couple hours but didn't see any signal and knew the ride back up the line was gonna suck so I turned north around 8. As soon as I did I spotted a huge bird school off in the distance with a fish under them. I pounded my way to them and by the time I got there it was full on foam. I was able to get a triple going since they stayed up so long and with the weather up I knew it was my only shot. Thankfully all 3 fish went different directions avoiding a tangle and I boated all 3. 2 came on the iron and 1 on bait. View attachment 1320516

You’re a MACHINE Cody🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼