1 took my bait

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2008
carlsbad
Name
DonC
Boat
21 vip vixen
All I have to say is the Vendetta with Capt Ray and crew is the best boat I've ever been on. Took 12 newbie friends and family members out of H&M on Thursday and left the slip at 5am. Got nice deans and headed south west. Got to the grounds in a couple hours and set the trollers out. Trolled around for about 25mins when the capt tells us to pull the rods in and get ready. I look up and see what looks like something out of the movie 300. It felt like we were 12 gladiators being charged by thousands. The 1st guys drops in a dean and zzzzzz fish on! Then the next, and the next, and within 12 seconds we had 12 guys hooked up in a mad panic. You can hear lines snapping one after another with people scrambling to tie on a new hook or grab another rod. It was the best things Ive ever seen on a boat. At one time I looked at the rack saw every single rod up there had a massive birds nest. My newbie son had multiple cuts on his hands from trying to stop the fish by handling the line. They had no idea these fish pulled that hard.

For the next 2 hrs it was wide open, drop your dean in the water and hold on yellowfin carnage. I actually watched my friends son Shea begin to put his dean in the water and see a yellowfin come up and grab it, almost yanking his rod out of his hand.

As Im fighting my 10th fish around the boat, its like a battle field. Only about 3 of the 12 guys are fishing, while the other 9 guys are sprawled out around the boat like all the dead tuna with blood all over them. They were all out of breath and crying about their hands and arms being too tired to pull on anymore fish. Capt Ray even asked by buddy Robbie if he needed medical attention. Lol

After that bite we trolled around for a bit looking for another species while they cleaned fish. Made the decision the head in early and were back at the dock by 2pm. Go out there and get em guys....

20140731_110759.jpg

20140731_103922.jpg

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Nice!!!

Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
that got my blood pumping big time!!!!
sounds like everyone had a good time out there!!

thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
Nice. I love watching newbies get worked and then refusing to take another fish when you try and hand one off to them.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Nice load of fish! Glad you had a great trip guys! LOL
Can't wait to get back on this bite tuesday morning!

Upvote 0

1 took my bait

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2008
carlsbad
Name
DonC
Boat
21 vip vixen
"As Im fighting my 10th fish around the boat, its like a battle field. Only about 3 of the 12 guys are fishing, while the other 9 guys are sprawled out around the boat like all the dead tuna with blood all over them. They were all out of breath and crying about their hands and arms being too tired to pull on anymore fish. Capt Ray even asked by buddy Robbie if he needed medical attention. Lol"

Now that's funny...You even called your buddy out by name!

Congrats on an awesome trip. We had similar results on Wednesday 12 miles outside of mission bay. We ran out of bait by 1pm!!
Haha. Ive been fishing with Robbie for about 20 years and I have never seen him quit fishing before.

Upvote 0