YETI Loadout Gobox 30 for tackle box?

Loves2hook

Jul 12, 2020
Ventura
Name
Mike J
Boat
None
Thinking about getting one of the yeti gobox to use as a new tackle box. Was wondering if anyone has any experience using one for this? Looking for pros, cons, and any feedback. I like the open interior that would allow me load it the way I want vs a fixed tray rack solution. For reference I currently use a large Cabela's tackle bag that I stack my trays in based on trip type, and also have room to bring my flouro spools with room for extras such as my crimpers, a screwdriver, etc., personal items like a windbreaker, and sunglasses.

Wondering if y'all think this would be a good hardsided solution without zippers. I've been using the bag I have for roughly 7 years and the zippers are all starting to corrode and half of them have broke. TIA for any feedback!

Last edited:

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
250 dollars 11 pounds may be a little over kill. First the weight when you add you lure jig sinkers it will get heavy fat. Second no roller wheel and no exposed handle. You have to carry it with the side indented handles will get tough when loaded. Cost 250 for a small box it a little extreme in my view. But to each their own Good luck

rocketsurgeon

Jan 26, 2013
Templeton, CA
Name
Bill Mitchell
Boat
Strike Fighter
Pelican roller with Scotty quick detach rocket launchers. Works great on the party boats. A lot of room for my SPJ gear that I always seem to sharing with those onboard. Get a lot of WTF's also.

tbox.jpg

Reactions: Loves2hook

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
I love my go boxes. I use them for big gear storage on the boat. They hold big lures, hooks, extra leaders, etc. I do add a collapsable handle to the top of them to make them easier to get out of holds.

That said, for tackle, I think you'd be better off with a soft bag. Much lighter, easier to stuff in smaller spots etc. The Mustad water proof bags are awesome and our go to for travel.

T
Tom123
Hismosa just listed a 40% off code for the Mustard site... "Thankyou40"

Time to go shopping.

Loves2hook

Jul 12, 2020
Ventura
Name
Mike J
Boat
None
I love my go boxes. I use them for big gear storage on the boat. They hold big lures, hooks, extra leaders, etc. I do add a collapsable handle to the top of them to make them easier to get out of holds.

That said, for tackle, I think you'd be better off with a soft bag. Much lighter, easier to stuff in smaller spots etc. The Mustad water proof bags are awesome and our go to for travel.
Thanks for the feedback! Your videos is what got me wondering about it! 🤣