srfnkill

Feb 5, 2008
La Mesa
Name
Sammy
Boat
9' longboard
I had an intresting day yesterday.

Mergrath and I were going to and hunt turkey. Well about 3:45 he text me and tells me that his wife wasnt feeling good so he needed to stay home. I thought well, thats fine. So I loaded up the truck and headed out. I got to my spot and saw no other trucks there, good start. I started to throw the pack on when I heard roosting birds gobbling. I thought SWEET, thats right were I will be. So with some excitment I start hiking in. Well I sit and hear gobbling from all around. I make a few calls and sit. I sat for a few hours and nothing came in. I did have a lone mallard land in the grass about 70 yards from me. About 9:30 I pick up the decoy and start walking. I start to hear some gobbling so I very slowly start walking that way. I get about 100 yards and stop. I set up my decoy and find a tree to rest against. I sit still for a few then let out a few yelps. I get a responce. About a minute later a let out another yelp and they call back and they sound closer. I think..... HERE IS MY CHANCE!!! Then I felt me phone start to vibrate. I slowly look at it, its my boss. I let it go. He calls back. I think its either work or something wrong with my dad because they are neighbors. I let it go again because these birds are coming closer. I put the phone down and get ready to shoot if the chance comes. My phone vibrates again. I dont know the number. I tried to awnser it but missed it. I tried to call it back and then I see its my dads girlfriend!!!! OH NO. I answer, "your Dad is crashing and he is on the way to the hospital!!" I dont think I have ever packed my crap and ran out of the woods so fast.

Turns out the stint they put in him was cloging and he was lacking oxygen because he couldn't breath. Luckily he is doing better today but he still has a battle ahead of him.

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
Sammy I hope all goes well with your dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will always be next time to get the birds!!!!!

Edit: hey bro if you need anything you have my # just call me!!!!
Or if your having a ruff day and just want to talk don't hesitate to call me!!!!!
You can always sing by and shoot the bow, guns or shoot the shit anytime ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Hope your dad's ok Sam...

Upvote 0

el Toro

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 19, 2003
    Point Loma
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    Artemis
    We'll have him in our prayers bro. Hope he continues to improve. The birds can wait.

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
    Jul 22, 2003
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    Wow! Hope he comes through with no complications.

I had a stint put in 7 years ago and that's one of the things they warned me about. Something to do with scar tissue.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    My dad had the same thing happen to him too....the doc told us they need to replace the stints every 10 years or so. Hope he turns out okay like my old man did.

Upvote 0