I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I'm still having trouble typing in Reply's' it's freezes a lot
stop using internet explorer. I asked the coders to "help" that browser out but the new technology the site now uses isn't supported by Internet explorer anymore. Internet explorer is End Of Life and isn't supported by Microsoft anymore...

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
@?? fisherman you need to upgrade to a bigger than 13" CRT monitor... We are still working on the site. Optimizing photos, etc. This is a whole new version of the software than what it was a week ago.
Ha, nice try, but it's much bigger than a 13". So let me get this straight...... the new format was changed partially so that things would show up and fit better on a small phone or other hand held device, but now they are too large on some computer screens?? Oooookay :D

The unknown fisherman:p:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
stop using internet explorer. I asked the coders to "help" that browser out but the new technology the site now uses isn't supported by Internet explorer anymore. Internet explorer is End Of Life and isn't supported by Microsoft anymore...
I'm using Micro soft Edge

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Ha, nice try, but it's much bigger than a 13". So let me get this straight...... the new format was changed partially so that things would show up and fit better on a small phone or other hand held device, but now they are too large on some computer screens?? Oooookay :D

bieberI have a new avatar for you Mikey....LOL

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Noticed some great things here on BD this morning! The members profile headers have gotten much smaller and now don't take up over half the page......... looks really good!!

Also noticed recently, that the header at the top of posts is now a vibrant blue ocean color, that looks like ocean waves.........that looks really good as well. everything is looking really sharp now....... kudos to whoever is putting in the time..... it's noticed!

Gracious!!

Tandem Assassin

Night Stalker
Jun 28, 2005
Earth
Name
Tonto Hanglow
Boat
"Two Can Chew"
Guys - I have written you 4 times in the last two weeks and would for someone to acknowledge that the BD website still has major issues? I posted on your facebook twice as it is just to hard to post to the website.

I can navigate through the website with no issues if I am not logged-in. But just try to log-in that can take several attempts. And if you try to log-in from a section you want to post in you get bounced back to the main page.

Try to start a new thread with pictures forget about it. Just last week it took me 35-40 minutes to load one picture and when it was all said and done it loaded the picture 3 times!

Page turn white when trying to load a picture or post - have top refresh several times. It's just a fucking nightmare to try to use. I never had an issue until you changed it.

What is going on and will you please confirm the site still has several issues.

PS: Does the same people who work on your site the the color for Local Knowledge? The color is so so poor it looks like you shot the show with an outdated camera - no vibrant colors. Just look at your show picture on the BD front page - the color is terrible compared to all the other pictures...

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Guys - I have written you 4 times in the last two weeks and would for someone to acknowledge that the BD website still has major issues? I posted on your facebook twice as it is just to hard to post to the website.

I can navigate through the website with no issues if I am not logged-in. But just try to log-in that can take several attempts. And if you try to log-in from a section you want to post in you get bounced back to the main page.

Try to start a new thread with pictures forget about it. Just last week it took me 35-40 minutes to load one picture and when it was all said and done it loaded the picture 3 times!

Page turn white when trying to load a picture or post - have top refresh several times. It's just a fucking nightmare to try to use. I never had an issue until you changed it.

What is going on and will you please confirm the site still has several issues.

PS: Does the same people who work on your site the the color for Local Knowledge? The color is so so poor it looks like you shot the show with an outdated camera - no vibrant colors. Just look at your show picture on the BD front page - the color is terrible compared to all the other pictures...
I got no issues with anything you describe.

Sounds like your browser....

Tandem Assassin

Night Stalker
Jun 28, 2005
Earth
Name
Tonto Hanglow
Boat
"Two Can Chew"
I got no issues with anything you describe.

Sounds like your browser...

I have no issue posting on Big Waters Edge, Let's Talk Hook Up, RacerX, Facebook, Twitter, and a hand full of other sites. Just this one - It worked great about 4 weeks ago then it changed again. I use Google Chrome.
I have no issues posting on Big Waters Edge, Let's Talk Hook up. RacerX, Facebook, Twitter, and a hand-full other sites. Just this one..Never had a issue until the change - then it worked for one week about 4 weeks ago then back in the shitter. I use Google Chrome as my browser?

Last edited:

PescadorPete

Here, Fishy, Fishy!
Nov 4, 2007
Leucadia, CA
Name
Pete
Boat
Hobie Revo13 (LJ), American Angler (SD), Success (PV)
Hi Jason, on my laptop (Firefox, 1366x768) , the Mark Forums Read button actually shows up on the right as those three small dots. If I click on the three dots, I get the Mark Forum Dialog box. BTW, the formatting within the threads I spoke about before has been fixed. Pete

upload_2016-4-9_8-42-13.png

PescadorPete

Here, Fishy, Fishy!
Nov 4, 2007
Leucadia, CA
Name
Pete
Boat
Well, I zoomed out on the browser and now all the buttons show up. So if people can't see all the buttons, that may be the problem.

upload_2016-4-9_8-47-59.png

PescadorPete

Here, Fishy, Fishy!
Nov 4, 2007
Leucadia, CA
Name
Pete
Boat
I just checked, the first pix was zoomed at 120%, you know older eyes and bigger fonts. When I changed the zoom to 100%, all buttons were okay as in the second pix.

Reactions: Jason

Reel Kahuna

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 24, 2011
Lake Camanche, CA
Name
Seon
Boat
23.5' Navigator Duckworth F150 Yamaha
Were you at 100% zoom when I just showed the ... Menu? That's by default as more menu items go to ... As the window shrinks.
Thanks, that was my problem and am good to go now!

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
and yes they are screwed up right now.... send me a pm when you get them fixed, have a great day, and NO I will NOT hold my breath...LOL