Prince

Almost A Member
Sep 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Prince
Boat
None
This is my first report on here, forgive me if its not detained or contain the information you seek. No pictures included either. Here we go

I got invited by a member here to go fishing.
We launched from SI around 3:30am and picked up healthy bait.

We headed North as planned and on way, we can across about a mile long heavy volume of bait. Captain stopped boat to check it out, tons of bait breaking the surface right by the boat. I personal couldn't see anything chasing them. We continued making our way North.

We got to the area we were hoping to fish( sorry don't remember the zone), no fish seen breaking the surface and very little metered, no birds working or kelp. We worked the area for a while and captain decided to take a chance a head South since water temp had dropped the area we were fishing. After hours of not seeing any kelp, we found a decent one. We flylined our dines and one of the guys is bit, he starts fighting the first but then breaks off, he re-tied his line and gets bit again and for the second time, fish breaks off(2-0). Considering that the bite was slow, we continued to find another kelp, found a few with no biters.

Finally, we found a kelp about 30 × 50 feet. Picked up a few nice size yellowtails and I lost mine, line broke off. They were line shy and bit on long soak and slow retrieve.

Captain was determined not to give up until we found fish and he did find fishes.

Oh, before I forget captain played all sort of music on the boat. It was fun even before we found fish.

Thanks to @Papa "J" , Bret and Kenny for the great time.

Prince

Almost A Member
Sep 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Prince
Boat
None
At least you hooked up to something, that always keeps your spirits up. It's a lot more of a painful ride home when nobody get's picked up for jack shit.
Very true but I usually don't care as long as I know the Captain and/or I did my best. I know there are hard fishing days, where the captain, deckhands and everyone do what they can but the fishes just don't say no. Lol

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    Its not the best but just learning to write one. Thank you

Any report of what's going on out there is nice to see. 👍

You can check out this map of fishing spots if you want to get in more detail of the area you guys were fishing. Guess is north and south 9 mile.

Reactions: Prince

Prince

Almost A Member
    Sep 25, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Prince
    Boat
    None
    Any report of what's going on out there is nice to see. 👍

You can check out this map of fishing spots if you want to get in more detail of the area you guys were fishing. Guess is north and south 9 mile.

Very helpful. Thank you

Reactions: Ahkhuang
    Upvote 0