yellowtail

fishingalaska

May 15, 2011
san clemente
Name
matthew
Boat
alaska rose
Does anyone know when the yellowtail are going to show up or when the best time to go fishing for them is my boat is in Alaska so who is the best charter to go with.

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Watch the counts on Seaforth's website.

Go on the "San Diego" 3/4 day 5:30am-6pm-ish. Fishing the Coronado Islands.

The YT are here but not in big numbers yet. There will be more coming up the line.

There are fish in La Jolla too. You could hop on a 1/2 day boat outa Seaforth as well.

Get a 9 foot jig stick with a Newell 332 (40#) and tie on a Salas 7x or a Tady 45 and practice, practice, practice.

Upvote 0

REELKING

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 22, 2009
Name
MR.CHIN
Boat
THE MIGHTY VICTORY
depends on what type of trip u wanna do...full.day`overnite`1.5day

fullday..the chubasco2 or san deigo
overnite or 1.5 ..legend or voyager will work
and the only reason i pick these boats is cuz they have plenty of FREE PARKING at seaforth landing

and if ur talking about the nada the YELLOWS are already there..

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
You should go on a twilight trip on the Sea Trek out of Oceanside and flyline some Pautzke's Balls o' Fire. That's a sure fire way to catch a yellooooootail

Upvote 0

reidyourmail

WHARFRAT
Mar 7, 2011
Hermosa Beach
Name
Jeff
Boat
Doug C
I totally agree with either the ChubascoII or the San Diego out of Seaforth Sportfishing. I would probably just wait another month. They'll show up. Oh yeah...Practice, Practice throwin the jig!

Upvote 0

Jonesa12

May 6, 2011
San Bernardino, CA
Name
Aaron Jones
Boat
mirage classic
Not sure if any of you have seen the photos from our (4/16 2011) trip on the San Diego out of seaforth landing on a 3/4 day... We brought in (23) 20-25# yellows!

Upvote 0

Latest posts