PENN

2Fisted

Sep 25, 2018
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
rob
Boat
Boston Whaler
Sorry guys not a report but I had to share. I’m new to So Cal fishing been out a handful of times trying to catch yellowtail with no luck. Last night at mother in-laws house in Huntington harbor a yellowtail was cruising around right in front of us. I think he flipped me off as he swam by.

Attachments

• 4DBACC72-D1AD-48EA-9A47-55AF43736F71.MOV
    12.7 MB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

bent rod todd

Ling cod killa
Jun 5, 2011
Auburn,ca
Name
Todd
Boat
Skipjack 20 open (Ding A Ling) 14ft mirrocraft ( Lil Ding A Ling)
Man had your chance that fish was hot.
Know where I'd be going tomorrow with my rod.

Upvote 0

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 11, 2011
SoCal
Name
chris
Boat
Sold it
They used to pop up in SD bay too. A certain boat would put a bunch of 10-15lb fish in the live well and dump them when it came in lol.

Reactions: Professionull1
Upvote 0

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    upload_2019-7-4_11-36-5.png

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Sorry guys not a report but I had to share. I’m new to So Cal fishing been out a handful of times trying to catch yellowtail with no luck. Last night at mother in-laws house in Huntington harbor a yellowtail was cruising around right in front of us. I think he flipped me off as he swam by.

If you only knew the kinds of fish people release inside HH, there's easily 10+ pound Calicos. Should take Yellowtail and point him at Chris' kayak and as hot as that fish is he'd have rammed the YAK and knocked his ass over. LMAO! Loved the video!

Reactions: 2Fisted
    Upvote 0

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 11, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Sold it
    If you only knew the kinds of fish people release inside HH, there's easily 10+ pound Calicos. Should take Yellowtail and point him at Chris' kayak and as hot as that fish is he'd have rammed the YAK and knocked his ass over. LMAO! Loved the video!

Already got him bro, headed back to 17th street to go home. It was up in the bend on Grimaud

F5C462BB-2555-47F4-9E33-2A77138583A0.jpeg

Upvote 0

Professionull1

San Diego, CA
    Jun 17, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    Barfy
    Always enjoy throwing surface irons for log barracuda and bonito off the dock at Point Loma landing.

It's pretty cool that happens more often then you would think.

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    I put a solid 15# ling in Alamitos bay last summer.

Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
    Aug 28, 2010
    Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    37 Tollycraft
    this link doesnt work for me. can someone post this video?

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    Probably live in the condo/townhomes there that has a sort of private saltwater pond in their backyards. All kinds of no fishing signs. Does have a nice school of mixed calico and sand bass that are 3 to 8 lbs and some big halibut.

Upvote 0