stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat Name
skiff
Just did this along with a couple cloves of raw garlic. Everything tastes like a cajun seafood boil.

This experience was a bit of an eye opener for me. Definitely going to get the flare up meds as I can see this happening again.

Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions!
I'd stay away from the meds. It will probably cause a side effect - then the doctor prescribes a new med for the side effect. and so on and so on....

Stay hydrated. Drink extra water on the days you eat too much protein.

Upvote 0

OCFishie

Jul 18, 2015
Name
fish lips
Boat Name
Boat has no name
Definitely go to Dr and get meds. No need to suffer. I take allopurinol daily now and prednisone when I have a flare up. Gets me back up and going within a day. I just recently started getting them 3 months ago and have had 2 flare ups which were manageable. The first attack, I was barely able to walk for a week.

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat Name
LazyAngler
I'd stay away from the meds. It will probably cause a side effect - then the doctor prescribes a new med for the side effect. and so on and so on....

Stay hydrated. Drink extra water on the days you eat too much protein.
yeah…agree with this if you can possibly stay away from it..

our kidney & liver gonna hate it in the long run..

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat Name
Limited load cattle car
yeah & keep enjoying eating dinuguan & lechon to the max haha😂
Kababayan...I stopped eating the "chocolate meat" when I turned 11. That's when my Pops and Uncle showed me how it was actually made from scratch and what's in it. (I was traumatized as a kid when they killed the pig and goat in front of me! )😲 Now that crispy pork belly is a different story. One of my guilty pleasures. Crack open an ice cold San Miguel dark and pass me the Mang Tomas bottle and suka! 😂🐖🍺

• Haha
Reactions: FlatPack
Upvote 0

PacificBlue

Nov 25, 2011
USA
Name
JM
Boat Name
Still Looking
Myself, my dad and two brothers have gout episodes and we all have different diets, it’s a hereditary thing.

Take 300mg of Allopurinol daily and no issues but can feel triggers. Beer, especially wheat beer and shrimp can bring it on for me. 15 years and all good now.

A flare up is nothing, an attack was a different story. Big toe felt like it had an ice pick in it for weeks, a bed sheet laying on top would feel like a anvil bearing down on my toe joint, couldn’t put a shoe on the foot. Drank gallons of cherry juice and other natural remedies, took prednisone and colchicine at various times, all did nothing for me.

Allopurinol has been my cure.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica from San Diego
Name
Brad
Boat Name
Yamaha FX SHO
One of the most excruciating pains in the world. So painful. I moved to another country. Cubicle to fish was giving me gout

Trigures!!!

Gout can be a blessing. Forced to be super healthy and fit. Or take the pills just before you eat a trigger. Alpurinol weak. Colchicine

The healthiest I have ever been. Was living with gout for over a decade. With no meds

This is the pharmaceutical way that they love us for. Can continue eating junk food

IMG_20220809_211700.jpg

Reactions: FlatPack
Upvote 0

Senko888

Almost A Member
Dec 8, 2020
San francisco
Name
Scott
Boat Name
Hobie outback
One of the most excruciating pains in the world. So painful. I moved to another country. Cubicle to fish was giving me gout

Trigures!!!

Gout can be a blessing. Forced to be super healthy and fit. Or take the pills just before you eat a trigger. Alpurinol weak. Colchicine

The healthiest I have ever been. Was living with gout for over a decade. With no meds

This is the pharmaceutical way that they love us for. Can continue eating junk food
Yeah, it’s been a humbling experience and a wake up call for a healthier diet/lifestyle.

I stopped drinking beer years ago and switched to scotch. Gonna take an extended break from that as well.

• Wink Face
Reactions: ZZZZZ
Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat Name
LazyAngler
Kababayan...I stopped eating the "chocolate meat" when I turned 11. That's when my Pops and Uncle showed me how it was actually made from scratch and what's in it. (I was traumatized as a kid when they killed the pig and goat in front of me! )😲 Now that crispy pork belly is a different story. One of my guilty pleasures. Crack open an ice cold San Miguel dark and pass me the Mang Tomas bottle and suka! 😂🐖🍺
haha so will start eating Tuna head instead….bake & then broil…sucking the gelatenous eyes is so gratifying😋…just ignore the tuna collar & tail…

I wonder why poking tuna head & bleeding it not as traumatic as doing it on pig & goat…😂

Upvote 0

deep color

Ice police
Jun 2, 2006
SD
Name
Rob
Boat Name
Sea Chaser
Yeah, it’s been a humbling experience and a wake up call for a healthier diet/lifestyle.

I stopped drinking beer years ago and switched to scotch. Gonna take an extended break from that as well.
Colchicine as directed by doctor it works for me. I decined to take Allopurinol everyday

Last edited:
Reactions: Senko888 and ZZZZZ
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat Name
Linda Vista
There are tons of triggers for gout as others have stated, what kicks it off for one person may not for another and the if it does once doesn't mean it always will. I have a lot of friends that get it and the only sure fire way they have found to beat it is to take their daily dosage of allopurinol and stay hydrated.

Reactions: Senko888
Upvote 0

K.W.

Almost A Member
Apr 23, 2005
L.A.
Name
KW
Boat Name
S.S. Minnow
The truly sad effects of pharmaceuticals. Colchicine is so powerful. Can feel a gout attack coming

Consume 4 Colchicine and then 1 every hour for hours. Gone

That is actually not a good thing
Just clear your schedule, cause you’ll be pissing out of your butthole for the next 12 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: maguro51
Upvote 0

ssrmr2

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat Name
17' montauk "Anger Management"
colchicine makes my piss look like the monster energy drink. didn’t feel any difference except pissing from the ass.

endomethacin helps the pain just not instantly

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica from San Diego
Name
Brad
Boat Name
Yamaha FX SHO
Just clear your schedule, cause you’ll be pissing out of your butthole for the next 12 hours.

It's called. The colchicine cleanse 😂

I have 2-3 attacks a year. So I'm not taking alpurinol every other day

Like I said. I did live with gout with no meds for over a decade. Forced to be super healthy. The 2-3 attacks a year. Would last 2-3 weeks before completely gone. Pounding gallons of water

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawgboy

Almost A Member
May 7, 2022
Garden Grove
Name
Gary
Boat Name
Any
Most are too acidic from diet and red meat. Get some PH balanced water, celery juice some wheat grass tablets and most importantly incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar daily

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat Name
NONE
just spoke with my arthritis doctor today as i had a bad flareup last week. i am on 3.2 allipiurol and cannot increase doseage as if she does, one off the side effects is CANCER ! no thanks.

but, will try some of the advice offered in this thread.

THANK YOU,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Reactions: Senko888
Upvote 0