longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Started at skr at grey light trying to get on some more bluefin. I quickly put 2 yellows on the boat on the slow troll but only saw one quick spot of bluefin pop up but they sunk out quick. It started getting crowded and the sea lions were brutal so I pointed it south.

The water drops from 72 at skr to 67 around the rock pile but then quickly jumps back up just about the 101 to 73-74 degrees. The water is dirty green but there are kelps everywhere. Most of them that I stopped on were holding yellows. I found a good one at 10 over 20, and the a real good one at 16 over 18 that gave up all I wanted. I called out the numbers on this one and a few guys showed and picked away at them. All the yellows were 8 to 12lbs.

I headed back around noon and found jumbo Bonito in the canyon everywhere. Also found some porpoise holding yellowfin just off of north island but a whale watching sail boat decided to do circles around them so I couldn't troll with them properly. Don't be afraid to fish that dirty Water.

Good luck and have fun, lots of aggro dudes on the radio today and almost saw 2 guys throw down at the bait dock. Stay safe!

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Awesome way to make a move and find your own fish. Wish i would have headed to 101 yesterday I always find fish in that zone. Well done. Yeah it really is a shit show out there.
Yea there's a bunch of yellows down there, but I'm ready for a new flavor of fish!

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
Nice job! The crowds will settle down when the reports start to drop off. Then the guys who really know what they are doing will get back on the fish and the cycle starts all over again. Two guys sounded like they were going to go at it last Saturday on a kelp paddy. Pretty funny to listen to. This has nothing to do with COVID. The attitude has been there for a long time.

John

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Way to go Cody and thanks for the call, I had my hands full and was already way west of the 302, didn't catch anything but had a very memorable day.

Knot going to kill it...
I'm going to eat it!
Yep the new Californians can’t handle seeing a fishing boat headed down the road heading out to kill wildlife. Your not going to Kill that are you......when I’m surf catching.

Ted Nugent had the best response to those questions, "you got to kill it to grill it"

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Started at skr at grey light trying to get on some more bluefin. I quickly put 2 yellows on the boat on the slow troll but only saw one quick spot of bluefin pop up but they sunk out quick. It started getting crowded and the sea lions were brutal so I pointed it south.

The water drops from 72 at skr to 67 around the rock pile but then quickly jumps back up just about the 101 to 73-74 degrees. The water is dirty green but there are kelps everywhere. Most of them that I stopped on were holding yellows. I found a good one at 10 over 20, and the a real good one at 16 over 18 that gave up all I wanted. I called out the numbers on this one and a few guys showed and picked away at them. All the yellows were 8 to 12lbs.

I headed back around noon and found jumbo Bonito in the canyon everywhere. Also found some porpoise holding yellowfin just off of north island but a whale watching sail boat decided to do circles around them so I couldn't troll with them properly. Don't be afraid to fish that dirty Water.

Good luck and have fun, lots of aggro dudes on the radio today and almost saw 2 guys throw down at the bait dock. Stay safe!
You must have been behind me at the bait barge in San Diego Harbor someplace around 4:30 am. Kids in the Seasons are like Justin Beiber.

Reactions: longboard85

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Boat
19 SeaPro
Is that their names. I was polite. I let them go first as we approached at the same time. They wanted to kick my ass. Dude walked up to punch me then almost fell as he tried to escape. I got too much.

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
It actually sounded like you were the aggressor to me. I was right in front of their boat and saw the entire thing - from the second they pulled up in front of you and you went ballistic. Not trying to be a dick, but like I told one of the guys working there on the receiver, it's a sure-fire way to ruin your entire day fishing when you get the negative ju-ju flying so early in the morning. By the way, I though it was kind of funny how you had your boat parked going the wrong way while you were at the receiver. Again, not trying to be a dick, but the entire incident was entertaining :idiot:

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Boat
19 SeaPro
I didn't start this problem but I was prepared to finish it. Guy demanded that I park my boat on the other side and get bait there. He demanded that I do it. The other guy said if I don't move it he will. That's when he came to punch me. After, I went ballistic. Still not being an aggressor.

Latest posts