RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
Late report...Headed out of Mission Bay at 4am with my buddy Austin on my Parker 2320, "A-Salt Weapon"

Got a lively scoop of 4-6" sardines, and made some extra mini-macks & put them in the transom tank. Found 1 kelp holding some smaller Yellowtail and a couple Dorado on our way to the grounds. Picked up a couple Yellowtail on surface iron and live bait, and a Dorado but they got finicky quick. Kept motoring until we found the temp break and clean blue water, 71-72 degrees. Got to the grounds we planned on fishing and immediately spotted a large paddy way off our port side. Saw a walk-around pull up on the same paddy (the only other boat I could see in the area) so I hailed him on the radio and asked if we could slide in too. Skipper said, "No problem, there's fish here but they aren't wanting to bite"...

I slid us in on the other side of the paddy and started chumming sardines. Instantly, we had a full on Yellowfin frenzy going off our swim step and double bendos. Kept the chum going and had them frenzying all over the boat. Unfortunately, I looked over and didn't see the other boat bent more than once or twice before they took off. We had full limits on-board by 10:30am with at least 15-20 more released. The YFT were chewing the paint off our poppers with not a single boat in sight. We literally drove away from a boiling school that stuck with the boat for over a mile-long drift off the initial paddy.

Pointed the sled back to the barn and gave the numbers to a few guys close by who weren't having much luck. On our way home I decided to run over to the Islands and try to pick up a couple better model Yellows. Roped a couple and then cruised it back into Mission Bay at 28-30mph around 3pm.
Dorado, Yellowtail, and full limits of Yellowfin -- Slay fest :beerbang:
Short video edit below from the trip, check it out!

IMG_4091.PNG

Last edited:

CardShark

Mar 6, 2015
Ventura, CA
Name
Mario
Boat
Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak
Epic, awesome report!

cortezpirasea

Pangero