PENN

ronniekaaron

Aug 12, 2009
rancho santa margarita ca usa
Name
ronnie
Boat
none
Took my 2 year old out in Newport harbor trying to get her a bass , instead caught this 8lb yellowfin on a lucky craft

image.jpeg

Upvote 0

redrock55

Sep 10, 2011
la habra
Name
alex
Boat
chooodak
Not a bad day at all in the harbor. Same thing happened last year with some yellowfin being seen and caught in the harbor. Maybe it's a sign things are about to change

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
I love saving on gas.

Good luck making out of the harbor any time soon.

A story that will be great to tell as grandpa.

Upvote 0

Greenbergler

The Makeshift Fisherman
Nov 22, 2015
ORANGE COUNTY
Name
Corey Greenberg
Boat
210 montauk
No way!! What were you using? Every time we go out fishing I always throw a trolled out coming back in the harbor just for that one last chance. Where at in the harbor? We were just there today too

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Excellent! I believe you, fish follow food and there are a lot of tiny grunion and pinhead anchovies around the mouth of the harbor. From time to time even whales manage to get inside Newport Harbor. El Nino hot water summer -- anything is possible.

Upvote 0

ronniekaaron

Aug 12, 2009
    rancho santa margarita ca usa
    Name
    ronnie
    Boat
    none
    No way!! What were you using? Every time we go out fishing I always throw a trolled out coming back in the harbor just for that one last chance. Where at in the harbor? We were just there today too

Under the bridge on a lucky craft 110 in about 5ft of water Seriously!!! I couldn't believe it
    What size Luck Craft was it?

It was a lucky craft 110 all chewed up from calicos and barracuda. Time to retire it

Reactions: jscott
    Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    that is awesome.

I hope you took a pic with your son, being two year old he will never remember it, and it will be a great photo for him to look back on when he is older.

Congrats on a crazy catch.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    Under the bridge on a lucky craft 110 in about 5ft of water Seriously!!! I couldn't believe it

It was a lucky craft 110 all chewed up from calicos and barracuda. Time to retire it
    I'm surprised those small hooks held. Or did you change them out to larger ones?

Upvote 0