PENN

Brian Michael

Sea Dream
Apr 14, 2015
Name
Brian
Boat
Sea Dream
Great job on the Fish!!! But your report and pix are Amazing!!! Wish I did that stuff. I'm too busy fishing to do pix. And dead fish are not good looking. Lol btw would Love to hear someone dispute it being anything but Yft! Lol
I never get pics either! Since this was probably my last trip for a while I thought it would be nice to have a couple pictures!

Upvote 0

Brian Michael

Sea Dream
Apr 14, 2015
Name
Brian
Boat
Sea Dream
Wow, the water is flat in your pics and it was a wash machine on the west side of north island yesterday while I was bottom fishing. Nice haul for sure.
It was snotty for us too. The wind was really blowing. Uphill ride was a little bumpy to say the least!

Upvote 0

Brian Michael

Sea Dream
Apr 14, 2015
Name
Brian
Boat
Sea Dream
Crazy! We saw u out there went out on my buddies panga. No love for us. We found a few nice kelps and all holding yellows. One was holding a single tuna that rolled on our jigs but wouldn't stick. Good job on that tuna!
Thanks! We saw you guys too. It was slim pickens for sure!

Upvote 0

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
Escondido, CA
Name
Steve Moseley
Boat
N/A
Thanks for posting the report, Brian! That kelp was definitely double barndoor size.

And, to all the yellowfin weight deniers out there, I was there too and saw it weighed out :)

-Steve

Upvote 0

Brian Michael

Sea Dream
Apr 14, 2015
Name
Brian
Boat
Sea Dream
Thanks for posting the report, Brian! That kelp was definitely double barndoor size.

And, to all the yellowfin weight deniers out there, I was there too and saw it weighed out :)

-Steve
Steve!! Thanks buddy! Can't wait to go again!

Upvote 0

QuailSlayer

Almost A Member
Aug 3, 2014
Coastal - San Diego North County
Name
jj
Boat
Got one
Went out with my buddy Carl and his coworker Steve, Sunday morning with a couple scoops of Anchovies. Full speed to the 371. Found some warmer water and a ton of larger paddies holding small yellows. We did find one that was the size of two garage doors and it was holding a few nice Dorado and we landed a couple. Then we found the ponies and worked them for the Yellowfin! So cool to be able to get these fish in December!

Dorado!
View attachment 641074

50lb YFT
View attachment 641075

Beautiful Day!
View attachment 641073
Brian, you guys cranked! What a trip. Spoke with Carl last night and got the full story...awesome!

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
I never get pics either! Since this was probably my last trip for a while I thought it would be nice to have a couple pictures!
Hey but I do appreciate cool ones like yours. I do agree I love living the moment!! I feel that trying to snap a bunch of staged shots. Just ruin the experience. But that's just my opinion. But I Love Corey's videos!!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Decmber 6 local offshore yellowfin.Thats gotta be a record of some sort...unheard of.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
[QUOsummed it up ishsmith, post: 3990464, member: 99615"]Way to go!! Wish I wasn't burnt out on tuna fishing... Stupid I know, but with this El Nino, I'm actually looking forward to hitting the honey do list that I neglected all summer long!
Aw forget her list
Wait did you catch a dodo too?... Wait a minute.[/QUOTE]
That's all of us. You nailed it perfectly. Haha

Upvote 0

fishsmith

Captain
May 16, 2008
murrieta/ca/usa
Name
Jim
Boat
21' Proline "MarLinz"
Hey but I do appreciate cool ones like yours. I do agree I love living the moment!! I feel that trying to snap a bunch of staged shots. Just ruin the experience. But that's just my opinion. But I Love Corey's videos!!

When I'm old and can't fish anymore, stuck in an assisted living resort; I'll be watching my El nino 2015 videos, getting hard and chasing the widows around in wheel chairs.

Reactions: Brian Michael
Upvote 0