azbaseball

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
Good Day when you return from a long range 36 hour trip what do you do with your catch. I would be traveling from AZ to FLA. Is there local fish processing like we have in San Diego. They would clean and filet the fish, place the filets in vacuum seal bags and flash freeze so we can take on the plane or ship home. Thank you

vincent bizal

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 22, 2015
Name
vincent bizal
Boat
none
Good luck. They'll clean your fish but that is it. No freezers or processors. I have check into this myself because I'm going in April. Help from your hotel? Good luck. If you find something please post.

Glades Angel

Nov 15, 2020
SoFla
Name
Robert M Rogers
Boat
Aquasport 215
Just email Capt Greg with your questions,he responds quickly when he's not out on a trip as he is now.

vincent bizal

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 22, 2015
Name
vincent bizal
Boat
none
I have and thats why I said what I did. I just plan on icing down my fish and flying home on the same day. Just dump out all of the ice at the airport and pack it in-between layers of clothes. It's still cold when you get home.

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boats n hoes
I have and thats why I said what I did. I just plan on icing down my fish and flying home on the same day. Just dump out all of the ice at the airport and pack it in-between layers of clothes. It's still cold when you get home.
You don't have to dump the ice. Just make sure there is no water/melted ice when going thru security check. I carry on ice/fish all the time. That would be a long ass time with no ice for fish that isn't frozen solid. I wouldn't trust that.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
You can bring a soft sided cooler,
And put your ice in a zip lock bag,
And are aloud 50 check in.

Thatsbait

Dec 5, 2015
Lake Stevens/Ocean Shores
Name
Thatsbait
Boat
22' Defiance "Interdictor"
I am very familiar with boat and how it’s goes. Once you get off the boat, get in line at the fish cutting table. They charge $5.00 per fish no matter the size. Once that is done put fish in zip-lock bag. They sell ice boat side. $5.00 for a big bucket. They sell soft side coolers at Costco for $9.00. Bring those with you and leave them in your car. Once you get you fish cut, go to Publix. They sell dry ice. I wrap my fish in newspaper then dry ice. Don’t mix dry ice and H2O ice. The dry ice will freeze it solid. Then you are good to go!

Reactions: OdessaDog

Palmisland

Dec 15, 2008
Boca Raton, Florida
Name
Randy Weisner
Boat
front row
I am very familiar with boat and how it’s goes. Once you get off the boat, get in line at the fish cutting table. They charge $5.00 per fish no matter the size. Once that is done put fish in zip-lock bag. They sell ice boat side. $5.00 for a big bucket. They sell soft side coolers at Costco for $9.00. Bring those with you and leave them in your car. Once you get you fish cut, go to Publix. They sell dry ice. I wrap my fish in newspaper then dry ice. Don’t mix dry ice and H2O ice. The dry ice will freeze it solid. Then you are good to go!
Im not positive, but I believe you can't bring dry ice on an airplane........

Ljp123

South Florida
Jan 10, 2021
Florida
Name
Luis Pille
Boat
None at the time
It is allowed but in limited quantities and must be approved by the airline. From the FAA website.

Screenshot_20210112-095217_Samsung Internet.jpg

ksong

Aug 7, 2005
NJ
Name
KIL SONG
Boat
NONE
Good advice. Buy dry ice at Publix and freeze fish. But you got to get rid of dry ice before checking in. Legally you can bing 4.4 oz dry ice in a cooler, but they will dump out dry ice in a cooler when security checking.
Don't put ice in your cooler. If you do, they will dump out ice at airport. If you want to bring ice in a cooler, put ice in plastic water bottles.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Go buy some boxes of heavy duty freezer bags, A cheap throw away plastic storage bin or your ice chest, 10-15 lbs of coarse rock salt (Ice cream salt), Once your fish are fileted put what ever you want in each bag (double bag them) suck the air out by submersing your filets about an inch above the water and zip shut (go on you tube for examples) Then fill your bin with lots of ice, water then add dry ice (again go on you tube for ratios of water salt and ice) stir around for 5 minutes, drop bags in slush and in 15 minutes and they will be frozen solid. Pack the bags of frozen fish in soft cooler and off to the airport. It may take 1-3 hrs depending on how many bags you have. Try at home with smaller amounts and see how quick things can freeze. That's an option if you can't get them packed and frozen. Good Luck