North River 24 OS “We Be Clubbin’”
0F42CE50-8744-4F3B-98DB-FFB1465ED9A3.jpeg
C19F7B83-22BE-4DD3-B432-589E87C194DC.jpeg
116375AD-6391-4CA3-83DA-58732F9B53A7.jpeg
006F3E4B-7583-49E2-A9BC-B5D1A53F63F7.jpeg
A06FC3F2-D76B-437D-9336-EC90732D257A.jpeg
02A1BA80-E4AD-4DD4-823C-5D33627DF3D2.jpeg
99CD42ED-87D1-4327-9CAC-96B1CE2C6F31.jpeg
Please find for sale my Yamaha 9.9 high thrust electric start manual trim long shaft (maybe extra long shaft) kicker with prop guard. It’s an ‘07 (I think) with very few hours, the boat I bought had two (yes two) kickers on it and only 270 hrs on the main. I will include close up of model number (shortly) for you to verify any pertinent information. This kicker went almost unused as it’s tiller steer and the other one is controlled by the rear helm. Asking $1350

Big Scotch

Well-Known "Member"
May 23, 2019
Tacoma
Name
Dylan
Boat
Is that bad Laurence? Actually the pics were taken at the church in Westport and the motor now sits in my garage in Tacoma, however, I will have the fuel
line and a battery available to show function if somebody is interested.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Is that bad Laurence? Actually the pics were taken at the church in Westport and the motor now sits in my garage in Tacoma, however, I will have the fuel
line and a battery available to show function if somebody is interested.
He’s referencing that most kickers for sale on offer up and CL are stolen, and you see all the lines cut and clamps hacked up. That’s a nice motor at a fair price

Reactions: wdlfbio

Big Scotch

Well-Known "Member"
May 23, 2019
Tacoma
Name
Dylan
Boat
10-4, nope, I’m sure I overpaid for the whole enchilada, just trying to sell one of the 3 9.9’s I have at a time so I can put the funds towards a high thrust 25. I think I’ll be able to tuna troll with a 25, we’ll see

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Well, if it’s not your boat, then yeah, it’s bad. LOLLOLLOLLOL

But, since it is likely your boat, then it’s a chance for someone to buy a good motor that some POS tweaker didn’t hack off the ass end of decent boat owner’s rig that couldn’t afford to garage it.

Those are very rare!

paveingnomo

Jul 6, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
24nr os
Have the high thrust 25 on ours and make 6-8 knots trolling tuna with it no problem very happy with it same boat but heard the white paint makes it go faster

Reactions: JTC

Big Scotch

Well-Known "Member"
May 23, 2019
Tacoma
Name
Dylan
Boat
Have the high thrust 25 on ours and make 6-8 knots trolling tuna with it no problem very happy with it same boat but heard the white paint makes it go faster
Lol, definitely going to head that way with it, so you have a ladder off your swimstep? If so, can you send me a pic? Mine fire hoses water on the deck when we’re out in the big water and I think I remember the owner saying it’s a weldcraft ladder or something, either way I’m going to have to cut it off and wanted to see what a stock one looks like.... and yes, it’s my boat, not selling for a tweaker

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Hey @Big Scotch / Dylan, I'm in need of a functional kicker. What part of Tacompton are you in?

Walker Inc.

Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
10-4, nope, I’m sure I overpaid for the whole enchilada, just trying to sell one of the 3 9.9’s I have at a time so I can put the funds towards a high thrust 25. I think I’ll be able to tuna troll with a 25, we’ll see
I bet a wide open throttle 25 burns more fuel than your main trolling. You will hate the steering characteristics of that, and in any sort of water other than pond water it will probably come in and out every wave you troll over. Keep one of the 9.9’s and potentially upgrade your transducer to a nice 1kw unit and get some dedicated tuna gear if you don’t have it all ready, and still have some beer money left. IMO those things would be more important than trollin 8 knots on a kicker. YMMV

Reactions: Alan

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
I tend to agree with Patrick. Modern motors can take more hours than any of us average folk can ever put on them until they die of old age. (I’d rather have a 3 year old motor with 2000 hours than a 15 year old motor with 400)

You might also find a 25 on the back humming at 5000 rpm gets to be more annoying than a main putting along sub 2k.

Trolling is a last resort anyways. o_O

Reactions: Walker Inc.

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
I troll tuna with my 25 HT and I have a 26OS. I would buy the new conventional 25 with EFI and NMEA out though, not the HT. Then if you leave the damn thing down by accident, you won't blow up the $2700 lower unit...

Swede

Yachtless
May 2, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Name
Swede
Boat
Kristen Lee
I troll tuna with my 25 HT and I have a 26OS. I would buy the new conventional 25 with EFI and NMEA out though, not the HT. Then if you leave the damn thing down by accident, you won't blow up the $2700 lower unit...
Punishment for tuna trolling on your 25....

Reactions: TonyG

paveingnomo

Jul 6, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
24nr os
Lol, definitely going to head that way with it, so you have a ladder off your swimstep? If so, can you send me a pic? Mine fire hoses water on the deck when we’re out in the big water and I think I remember the owner saying it’s a weldcraft ladder or something, either way I’m going to have to cut it off and wanted to see what a stock one looks like.... and yes, it’s my boat, not selling for a tweaker

Status
Not open for further replies.