spoon man

It’s all smoke and mirrors
  • Jul 20, 2012
    Olympia, wa
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    22' Alumaweld
    So I'm looking at a 25' parker and it has a 2009 yami 350 with 490 hours. Seeing if anyone has any real world experience with this motor? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Lion11

Paul
    Apr 26, 2010
    Bonney Lake/Westport
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Grady White 275 Freedom
    I had a yami 350 on my 2008 Robalo R245. Motor was great and pushed it with ease. Top speed was close to 50mph and the motor sounds great. Eats some gas as expected for a V8.

Upvote 0

Lion11

Paul
    Apr 26, 2010
    Bonney Lake/Westport
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Grady White 275 Freedom
    I had a yami 350 on my 2008 Robalo R245. Motor was great and pushed it with ease. Top speed was close to 50mph and the motor sounds great. Eats some gas as expected for a V8.

Upvote 0

Fowlplay

May 20, 2009
    Longview, WA
    Name
    Mitchell
    Boat
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
    If you are concerned about the hours 450 is nothing as long as the annual maintenance is done. I was talking with the coast guard mechanic the other day at the boat show and he said he has seen some 4stroke motors with 7000hrs.

Reactions: aguachico
    Upvote 0

spoon man

• Jul 20, 2012
    Olympia, wa
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    22' Alumaweld
    I know the hours isn't a huge thing on most yami motors but all I can really find is he said she said articles about the motor and not much for real world owners of the motor. I'm have it looked at and a computer check done on it by a yami dealer to find out as much as possible.

Upvote 0

spoon man

• Jul 20, 2012
    Olympia, wa
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    22' Alumaweld
    The one thing I find on it is that the fly wheel has to be replaced every 300 hours. It's recommend by yami due to them coming apart and causing enough vibration to actually crack the crank shaft!

Upvote 0

bigkahuna1028

Jul 25, 2009
    Stanwood
    Name
    Lance
    Boat
    23 Alumaweld SVP
    I have a Yamaha 350 on my 26 north river and love it. It has tons of power and does as good as any brand 350hp outboard. Yamaha does say to replace the flywheel every 200hours at yamahas expense. They came out with a new service bulletin last year, they came up with a new ecu that displays a message on your gauge at 200 hours to replace flywheel. I've had no issue with mine but I only have 150hrs on it. A buddy of mine has a cold water with twin 350's in Alaska and had 1500hrs on it before he repowered with them stills running awesome on original flywheels!! I wouldn't hesitate on buying a 350 Yamaha.

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Damn 350 HP in a single engine! Amazing I would check thehulltruth.com they got the whole we hate 4 stroke engines thing going on. and vice versa.

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 24, 2013
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Name
    Patrick Walker
    Boat
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    I have a Yamaha 350 on my 26 north river and love it. It has tons of power and does as good as any brand 350hp outboard. Yamaha does say to replace the flywheel every 200hours at yamahas expense. They came out with a new service bulletin last year, they came up with a new ecu that displays a message on your gauge at 200 hours to replace flywheel. I've had no issue with mine but I only have 150hrs on it. A buddy of mine has a cold water with twin 350's in Alaska and had 1500hrs on it before he repowered with them stills running awesome on original flywheels!! I wouldn't hesitate on buying a 350 Yamaha.

I heard that same boat ran with 650hp. That had to be an interesting ride with a 300 and a 350!

Upvote 0

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
    Oct 28, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Shad Burke
    Boat
    22' Boston Whaler Guardian
    I own one. Pushes one of my Guardians very well. Very pleased with the motor. Here is my advice:

Make sure all recalls have been performed. Make sure that you have the latest generation as eariler models suffered. Lastly, know the "trick" when servicing the lower unit as inadequate volume of gear oil will dramatically shorten lifespan on that very expensive leg.

Upvote 0

Uncle Binky

Proficient at swapping lower units
    Oct 17, 2010
    Monroe WA USA
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Herring Voices - Grady White 265 Express
    Nice boat for sure. Not the best spot for a second helm for tuna, but it could be changed...

Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    Nice looking boat, would be perfect if it had a large fish box in the deck. Shame to have to put a cooler on the deck.

Upvote 0