Yakutat, AK

capt.knut

Dec 16, 2009
Yakutat AK
Name
Erik Knutsen
Boat
28 foot North River Aerofish
I never saw this part of the forum before. You guys should check out the surfing in Yakutat! One of the better places in the Pacific/ note worthy. Great break and fishing. Definately not crowded, you might be the only one out for hundreds of miles... maybe a thousand. we have a surf shop here- Icy Waves. Worth looking into. The guys at the surf shop know what is going on, and I got the hook up on the rest!

capt.knut

Dec 16, 2009
Yakutat AK
Name
Erik Knutsen
Boat
28 foot North River Aerofish
There definately isn't any social surfing here. There is a Middle of Nowhere tackle shop! If you're in the beer section look at the Alaska IPA bottles, their logo is a surfer in Yakutat. It's all too real!

ratboy

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
I've been there 5 or 6 times over the last 10 years . Yakutat is a great trip fishing or surfing , might as well do both when your there.
Beach breaks , reefs , cobble stone points ( left point) kinda like El cap.
and left sand points.
Oh yah the fishing is insane !! Fresh water silvers in the fall on the situk river , steelies in the spring, Halibut all the time sometimes very close to the dock , big lingcod , king salmon also.
Very cool locals to surf with who will gladly share there waves , kinda like Lowers hah.
Most of the surf spots are easy to reach a few miles down dirt roads .
Jack at Icy Waves is also a weatherman and will gladly give you a surf forcast.

All around fun!!!!!