rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Hi there....anybody has experience on upgrading their Valiant Round Knob to an XTREME knob? Is this a simple Plug and Play or you need to send it to Accurate Service Dept. or some Tackle shop?

I kinda want it on my BV-2 500N upon handling one on my newly arrived BV-2 800. What part No. is it if its a possibility? Any thought is much appreciated. TIA.

386F6B7E-1565-48F1-BE43-550E3EC4AFC0.jpeg

UPDDATES: 6/9/20

Finally Got my Reels (500N & 600N) Back with Knobs being Replaced or Upgraded!

Quick 12 Days Turn around by ACCURATE SERVICE TEAM👍

151B8FE0-6E52-4F96-B218-5DD2474F7A30.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ColinSD

carnage007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 9, 2004
Encino
Name
nick
Boat
to poor
its a simple plug and play, I put one of the handles on my dauntless from a BX. I am not a fan of the knobs on the terns and am looking to buy the rubber handles for those reels

Reactions: rexor_rn

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
It can certainly be done. I would prefer you send it in, but if you are handy you can try it yourself. You can order the extreme kit and you will get everything to do a proper install. I don't have the part number with me but you can call the office in the morning I can get it for you. Al -(951) 479-0909

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
its a simple plug and play, I put one of the handles on my dauntless from a BX. I am not a fan of the knobs on the terns and am looking to buy the rubber handles for those reels
Thanks brother...I’l just send it to Accurate for them to install the right parts.

Yeah I agree that rubber knobs are so comfortable....

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
It can certainly be done. I would prefer you send it in, but if you are handy you can try it yourself. You can order the extreme kit and you will get everything to do a proper install. I don't have the part number with me but you can call the office in the morning I can get it for you. Al -(951) 479-0909
Thanks Al, I will just send it for you guys to install it. Also I intend to install same Xtreme Knob in Silver on my BV-2 600N. Talk to you soon.

Day0ne

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat
233 Formula Shadowdancer
Be careful. The Valiant knobs seem to be put on with red locktite. I've twisted off 2 screws. changing handles. BTW, the Valiant handles aren't reverse threaded, at least, the replacement parts weren't.

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Be careful. The Valiant knobs seem to be put on with red locktite. I've twisted off 2 screws. changing handles. BTW, the Valiant handles aren't reverse threaded, at least, the replacement parts weren't.
Thanks for the additional info man...il be sending it to Accurate instead.

abj5150

Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
Thanks for the additional info man...il be sending it to Accurate instead.
The replacement pins and bolts are not left hand threads. The older ones and reels made up to a few months ago are left hand threads. It is a bit confusing because of the changes.

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
The replacement pins and bolts are not left hand threads. The older ones and reels made up to a few months ago are left hand threads. It is a bit confusing because of the changes.
I already mailed the reels to you last Friday Al, it has the instructions inside, for the 500N is replacement for Handle Arm & Xtreme Knob both in Black (3.5”) length...the next length after the stock arm.

The 600N is only for the replacement knob to Xtreme in Silver. I don’t wanna mess up with them hence per your advice I just sent it to yoo. Thanks.

Reactions: abj5150

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Thanks AL for Super Excellent service and very quick turned around! They’re Awesome to grip with. You guys Rock!

abj5150

Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
Thanks AL for Super Excellent service and very quick turned around! They’re Awesome to grip with. You guys Rock!
Happy that you are happy sir.