Xtream Braid

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by matrixx611, Mar 16, 2016.

1. matrixx611

matrixx611 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    none
  2. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    I would be wary of a brand that does not come out and say what the braid is made of. The photos on the boat show Shimano Tiagras and Penn 6/0 reels filled with the line. PE stands for poly-ethylene of which Spectra and Dyneema are but the manufacturing is the trick. Then comes the weaving of the micro fibers. The website does not state hollow or solid or how many strand carrier weave it is.

Just my observations, no I have not tried it...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Rodless_Jim and Steve K like this.
  3. bbuck

bbuck Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Buck
    Boat:
    sunk
    It's the manufactures responsibility to find a way to introduce new products to the fishing public. A good way to do that is a booth at the Fred Hall Show, or reps. going to tackle shops. Braid Prod.'s did not attend the show this year and as far as I know they no longer have reps.

4. matrixx611

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    none
    Here's a description.
    http://xtremebraid.com/component/vi...e/xtremebraid-546-yards-spool-detail?Itemid=0

This is an 8 slicks 500M/546 YDs fishing line, made of 100% PE, and we guaranty it's quality. All of the braids has been tensile strength tested and stands up to all of your fishing needs. There are alot of scam artist out there posing Dyneema, Spectra and PE, most anglers don't know the difference. This line is 100% PE, no added junk fibers to reduce cost. I don't just sell fishing line, fishing is something I really enjoy, and I wouldn't want to use bad quality braids or sell one. If you are not satisfied after you have fished with XB braids, hit me up and we can work something out. I'm not here to sell junk or to mislead anyone. Happy fishing!

5. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    The scam is this stuff is not Spectra or Dyneema. Although it is PE, the manufacturing process of PE of Spectra first developed by Allied Cable then bought by Honeywell is a trademark. Dyneema manufacturing of PE is another trademark manufacturing process, developed in Europe.

Here is some good info on braid...
    http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htm

Give it a try, you can be the first to write a review here. Or buy some and let Paulus test it for you.

6. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    I have used it for rockfish and it seemed fine. Freind got it for free so it was worth a try on non important things. The color on it does seem to come off easier than other brands though. Stay away from their mono though it is extremely brittle. Have not used it enough to truly compare to other braids.

7. Pangamaster

Pangamaster Cow Town Here I come!

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
    Sounds shady to me...in one place they advertise 14 days guaranteed.....in another ....it says you have 10 days....typos all over the website. Oh whoopie! A 2 week guarantee!

Sometimes I buy line months before I use it....

http://xtremebraid.com/about-us

Nothing wrong with looking for a bargain but line is a pretty important part of the equation. Too many question marks for me.

I have done a lot of research on spectra....I never did find any short cuts....one better than average option was Basil. Good name brand stuff!

http://www.bhptackle.com/home.php

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Bill W and Fishybuzz like this.
  8. Steve K

Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    If it sounds too good to be true....

9. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    Having only used it once I do not have a solid opinion of it yet, but it does crack me up how many people who have never even used the stuff are convinced its bad. Name brand does not always mean quality. Saltwater sportsman magazine used to do an annual review of the braided lines. Tested them for breaking strength, knot strength, and a series of other things. Bass pro brand was always in the top 2. Go figure.

10. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    So...? What is 8 slicks?

11. Philligan

Philligan Philligan

Name:
    Phil
    Boat:
    The one that I can get on...
    The fact that it isn't available in white is my only beef because I have not used it. I am not a fan of colored spectra...It can be difficult to see especially in morning and night situations. Also, it seems like "that guy" often has colored spectra and is always called out in a tangle. When I am in a tangle I like to remain anonymous :gaygroup:. There is nothing better or worse, depending on your perspective, than hearing "WHO THE FUCK IS FISHING BLUE SPECTRA!??!?" when some one is hanging a cow or any nice fish.

I am sure it is fine for trolling or private boating. Who knows? Bill maybe "8 slicks" is code for "real good".

rdrblck66, jerryl and Olddog8 like this.
  12. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    I still remember that yellow spectra in every tangle on one trip. That guy had no friends....

13. Steve K

Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    I see Arcadia comes up in "About Us" so I'd say there's a good chance these folks are closely affiliated with Sanhu Tackle, Arcadia Tackle. All over Amazon.

DIstributors of lots of products manufactured "offshore"

Got a few of the larger Fall Flat jigs via them or an affiliate. Rigging was crap. Line broke easily and hooks opened up. On the other hand some of their product are pretty good. For example, their circle hooks are cheap, strong, and work well.

14. Reel Anxious

Reel Anxious Newbie

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    pro line 17' cc
    Picked up some of the ringed circle hooks. 3/0 qty 10, #1 qty 12 for $3.00 per pack.
    They look good so we'll see.

15. matrixx611

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    none
    Yikes!

16. Pangamaster

Pangamaster Cow Town Here I come!

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
    Ha ha ...been there seen that! More than once.

Olddog8 likes this.
  17. mrwilson99

mrwilson99 Tell your mom to stop callin'

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Someday
    Everyone is basing their opinion on xtremebraid WITHOUT even trying the product out. Unlike all of you, I have tried the product and till this day still use it. The product might not be a big name brand like we all come to know, but don't let that fool you. There are ALOT of loyal customers for xtremebraid. I researched them first and I read all reviews from quite a few folks on here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Xtremebraidreviews/

After trying the product on one reel, I was convinced it was very competitive as far as pricing and it was as advertised. This braid is solid and they will be coming out with 12 strand. I am not paid by them in any shape or form, I am typing this based on what I have seen so far from this line. Since my first reel, I have spooled my 3 brand new reels with xtremebraid, less water absorption compared to izorline and less waxy compared to powerpro. Casting wise is great and tangling is minimized.

People are catching sharks with these lines and are breaking records in doing so! I am confident with this braid and I have no doubt this will last me the entire season. For under 20 bucks at 328 yards of braid, is a no brainer...try them yourself before assuming this is a knockoff line compared to those listed.

Stuff is solid and quite a few retail shops carry the line, not everyone can afford $14 per 100 yards. This line has performed flawlessly for me so far, my only beef is the color, but we see them with powerpro anyways. They are offering WHITE also.

If anymore doubts, they have been sponsoring trips and spooling up people to try their line. Try it before you knock it, that is all I gotta say.

Heisenberg likes this.
  18. mrwilson99

mrwilson99 Tell your mom to stop callin'

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Someday
    Do you know the cost of attending and showing products at Fred Hall? Doubt it, they are very pricey and if you have looked around a few tackle shops had them on display and ready to be spooled.

If you know so much about them not having sales reps...then why comment? Looks like you are basing your comments on assumptions.

19. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    My suggestion is to send a sample to this site.

http://www.paulusjustfishing.com

Unlike the Fred Hall show, this tester compares diameter and breaking strength of most all brands. What do you have to loose....

20. shajcl

shajcl Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    JL
    Boat:
    n/a
    You are one of those ignorant individual who blames a tangle on the color of the line? Please. Tangle is part of the game. Work together and get over it!

Heisenberg, rickberg, Nudle and 2 others like this.