Xtra tuffs

Sean695

Oct 12, 2015
Carlsbad
Name
Sean mcquerry
Boat
Kayak
not sure about you guys but I work on a boat and the new xtra tuffs are killing my feet I worked a 3/4 and a 1 1/2 day and ended up with a massive rash on my foot I've had these boots since December and only now are they giving my rashes. Anyone else having the same problem?

Upvote 0

salty brain

Nothing but salt between the ears
Sep 25, 2012
OC
Name
Dave
Boat
what ever floats
Bro may be one of your good friends is pissing in your boots, Id put a nanny cam on them if I was you.

Last edited:
Reactions: marlyn and Sean695
Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Yes those boots suck imo, the most uncomfortable boots i have ever put on my feet. but all the deckhands wear them so they must be super cool. and make sure you make them Xtra cool by folding them in half because that makes a lot of sense.

a shit load of much better water proof boots out there for less money, they just may not be as cool.

Upvote 0

Sean695

Oct 12, 2015
Carlsbad
Name
Sean mcquerry
Boat
Kayak
Sounds like atheltes foot to me. boat showers are brutal
It's a big rash

image.jpeg

Upvote 0

sulla

Jan 1, 2007
Torrance CA
Name
Sulla
Boat
Party Boat Near You
not sure about you guys but I work on a boat and the new xtra tuffs are killing my feet I worked a 3/4 and a 1 1/2 day and ended up with a massive rash on my foot I've had these boots since December and only now are they giving my rashes. Anyone else having the same problem?

I've worn xtra tuffs for years and years but the last pair I got are the Chinese one's and they give me a terrible rash on my feet. Happened three trips in a row so I don't wear them anymore. I'm thinking its some type of super cheap neoprene or possibly some poisones glue they use inside the boot. I ended up buying a pair of the Shimano evair boots and I like them well enough.

Upvote 0

Hangfire

Sep 22, 2007
Name
GW
Boat
Glastron Seafury
Yeah that looks like a chaff burn to me, you've got something going on between the roof of the boot or possibly the type of socks you are wearing. I've recently converted over to merino wool socks(Darn Tuff) when fishing, what a difference they make, keeping your feet comfortable and more importantly dry.

Upvote 0

Saponi73

Desert Fisherman
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix,Az
Name
Drew
Boat
None
Definitely chuffing. The sizing must be off. I bought a new pair and they are much tighter than my old school 15" brown/yellow. Go 1 size bigger.

Upvote 0

Mr. Sunshine

Jul 6, 2008
OC, CA
Name
Barry
Boat
none
Same issues here. Even if you jump a size up, they will be cut too narrow now to get on and off or use gel insoles. I switched brands.

Upvote 0

Billy V

Seabass Commando
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
on to the next one
Just had to replace my USA pair. bought them from squid Co and they are actually more comfortable then my last pair (they have insoles) I also have a pair of gills and my feet hurt every time. (Vans hurt my feet as well) Just me. I have wide feet

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Love my Chinese extratuf I got from squidco.
They are more comfortable then the older USA pair. Soft like a geisha girl's butt.

When I got them I stretched out the upper using my fist.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
XT did have some problems with overseas manufacturers but that has been taken care off. I've been wearing the new Blue Boots (love the low cut ones) and using my SOLE brand insoles and I couldn't be happier.

I was never a huge boot guy on a boat but these new ones stay nice and cool and don't hurt my feet.

My $.02

Upvote 0

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    I used to get the same rash from my mud dog boots at work. Itches like crazy and spreads bad. Get some hydrocortisone on that asap

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Ive had a pair of viking mariner kadett boots for over 12 years.They are super comfortable.Its more like wearing a tennis shoe than a work boot.Also they are lower cut so you dont have to roll them down.
    Im actually working on breaking in a pair of extra tuff chumrunner deck shoes.so far they are super comfortable.

shoes.jpg

Upvote 0

mischief1

Jun 30, 2008
    Canyon Country CA
    Name
    Dennis
    Boat
    24 Skipjack "Catchit"
    I would wash my feet good with Hibiclens soap (same stuff Dr wash with before surgery) twice every day you don't want to get an infection like flesh eating bacteria. Put a lot of antibiotic ointment on your feet then clean new socks. Go to Costco and get you some new socks they got some real good thick ones $16.00 and change them often. Clean the inside of your boots and let them dry out before you use them. Put lots of Goldbond power in the boots. If that doesn't help take them back for a refund and try a different manufacture.

Upvote 0

skipjack

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Oct 20, 2004
    santa maria
    Name
    skip
    Boat
    2320 Parker "Donna Marie"
    I have a pair of Boggs that are the best boots that I have ever had. No more sore feet at the end of the day.
    When I had Xtra Tuffs I couldn't wait to take them off.

Upvote 0

Billy V

Seabass Commando
    Aug 26, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
    XT did have some problems with overseas manufacturers but that has been taken care off. I've been wearing the new Blue Boots (love the low cut ones) and using my SOLE brand insoles and I couldn't be happier.

I was never a huge boot guy on a boat but these new ones stay nice and cool and don't hurt my feet.

My $.02

I decided to give the New ( 6" Low Cut Boot ) a try.
    - I bought a pair last night after trying them on.

Worst case
    scenario - I could use them to give Carl a good swift kick in the ass...:Kick_emoticon:

Upvote 0