Xtaero Boats New XT28DV w/ 9'6" beam

Travis Xtaero

The impossible requires the unthinkable.
Mar 8, 2015
www.xtaerboats.com
Name
Travis
Boat
Xtaero
When Xtaero was getting off the ground several years ago, it was very exciting but since the beginning people have been asking for a 'bigger' boat. It has taken some time to keep the proportions and performance in the envelop and it is now ready.

These numbers are estimates:
If equipped with 300HP Suzuki twins, carrying six 200lb guys, 250USG of fuel, live well water, fresh water and three fish holds full of ice. We approximate a bit over 10,000lb with weight distribution roughly 3,500lb metal, 3,500lb liquids and 3,000 people and fit out. Again, this is an estimate.

Fuel Capacity - 250 us gal, total in two tanks
Fresh Water - 30 USG
Live Well - 20 USG
Side below decks fish holds - 85 us gal each
Center Fish Hold - 30 us gal

If used with a single engine, the engine will have to be XXL (30") leg length, twins to be XL (25") leg length

Options:
Open cabin back or closed cabin back (sliding door or canvas)
Aft steering helm
Single or Twin outboard
At least four cabin configurations (see drawings)
One common configuration not shown is charger style with two aft benches
Electronics
Trailer
(more, ask if you want something specific)

This is a bigger boat so offering 'package pricing' is not someplace we'll go until we've built a few.

www.XtaeroBoats.com

Xtaero Boats XT28DV 96 twin outboard.JPG Xtaero Boats initial sketch XT28DV - draft.png Xtaero Boats XT28DV 96.JPG Xtaero Boats XT28DV initial floor plan options - draft.png F4.JPG F11.JPG F21.JPG F8.JPG

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Where is the cigar guy?

Ducker!

Reactions: dragonballs
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
If used with a single engine??? Who on earth would put a single outboard on a 28' X 9'6" boat? Short a 7Marine. :).

Reactions: dragonballs
Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
So a 29' NR offshore (also a 9'6" beam) weighs in at 6750. I assume your 3500lb estimate is completely unrigged, but it still seems way off. I thought Xtaeros were built with thicker sheet metal to more of a commercial spec (for Alaska!). Shouldn't that make them a bit heavier than the "recreational grade" NR? Why 30-40% lighter?

Cool looking design anyway. I like the overhanging roof over the deck. Maybe a bit more deck (2' or so) and this starts to look like a good charter platform.

Upvote 0

“biteme”

Boilin dinos
Oct 6, 2009
Bellingham
Name
Brian B
Boat
26 osprey
Someone obviously didnt see how far down hill the last bit of thread advertising was........

Might not be the best use of money trying to sell that thing around here. o_O

Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
Upvote 0

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
Weights of fluids and persons/gear don't look too far off (notwithstanding the true weight of the average fat American). No idea what the hull weighs.

I loathe that every manufacturer/dealer out there has taken to misrepresenting vessel size though. Transom to bow the boat is a 25'er (24'-8 1/2" to be precise). LWL is likely something in the 22-23 range if you don't include the bracket. Boat size has gotten muddier with the advent of these brackets and euro style transoms, with dealers/makers insisting a boat like this is a 28 when to the user it's no bigger than a 25.

Reactions: Clockwork
Upvote 0

Quan

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 21, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Name
Quan
Boat
Defiance Admiral 220 EX "Hawksbeard"
Weights of fluids and persons/gear don't look too far off (notwithstanding the true weight of the average fat American). No idea what the hull weighs.

I loathe that every manufacturer/dealer out there has taken to misrepresenting vessel size though. Transom to bow the boat is a 25'er (24'-8 1/2" to be precise). LWL is likely something in the 22-23 range if you don't include the bracket. Boat size has gotten muddier with the advent of these brackets and euro style transoms, with dealers/makers insisting a boat like this is a 28 when to the user it's no bigger than a 25.

I'll attempt again to try to get this thread on less of a bashing trend. Maybe try to point out some of the good. C'mon, let's cut this guy a lil' slack, he's stopped with the blatant and obnoxious rebuttals and is just here trying to show the good about his boat. Let's give him another chance!! My attempt didn't seem to work too well last time. We'll see how it goes.
:fighting0061:
While I agree that it's not right to call this a 28' boat, at least Xtaero provides a lot of model shots and schematics including an accurate dimensioned elevation view. As an engineer and a boat owner, I really appreciate that straightforwardness. His website also has a lot of this kind of information. It's nice to see a manufacturer that takes pride in the way they build their boats and provide a lot of transparency, even if his execution isn't perfect.

P.S. Travis, the link on your banner doesn't work. It's missing the "s" at the end of "www.xtaeroboats.com"

Upvote 0

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
I'll attempt again to try to get this thread on less of a bashing trend. Maybe try to point out some of the good. C'mon, let's cut this guy a lil' slack, he's stopped with the blatant and obnoxious rebuttals and is just here trying to show the good about his boat. Let's give him another chance!! My attempt didn't seem to work too well last time. We'll see how it goes.
:fighting0061:
While I agree that it's not right to call this a 28' boat, at least Xtaero provides a lot of model shots and schematics including an accurate dimensioned elevation view. As an engineer and a boat owner, I really appreciate that straightforwardness. His website also has a lot of this kind of information. It's nice to see a manufacturer that takes pride in the way they build their boats and provide a lot of transparency, even if his execution isn't perfect.

P.S. Travis, the link on your banner doesn't work. It's missing the "s" at the end of "www.xtaeroboats.com"

I too wanted to avoid any bashing Quan. That's why I didn't single him out by name alone and refered to all makers/dealers with my remark about LOA claims. Though I may disagree with the man and can't abide his sales tactics, I still want to see him succeed, as it makes my dollar go farther when I am ready for a new boat.

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Measure it the same way the Washington Ferry system does, Back of the bumper to the end of the prop. Probable a 36 - 38 footer!!!!

Ducker!

Reactions: goatram
Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    From the Bow Pulpit to the ass end of the boat. Then round it up. He is good to go. No Skin off of your asses. :indabutt::p:

Upvote 0